+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's up for the Cup

Who's up for the Cup

We've got our tickets. COYB

It’s hard to get up for a dose of Livermore and Reach.

If Carlos announced a strong 8 supplemented by Cleary in for Dike and TGH for Livermore plus Ashworth in defence I’d be inclined to go.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s hard to get up for a dose of Livermore and Reach.

If Carlos announced a strong 8 supplemented by Cleary in for Dike and TGH for Livermore plus Ashworth in defence I’d be inclined to go.

Play the youngsters as better than flops like Livermore - Reach - Zohorse etc! F uck the cup and focus on Burnley!!

I hope not one player starting at Burnley will feature such is the priority! Going to Burnley so need to see us go for it

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Play the youngsters as better than flops like Livermore - Reach - Zohorse etc! F uck the cup and focus on Burnley!!

I hope not one player starting at Burnley will feature such is the priority! Going to Burnley so need to see us go for it

I don’t want the embarrassment of losing to a non league club at home.

The second string cant be trusted so we should start a strong side, get a couple of goals ahead and then hope that the fat, the feckless and the feckin useless are able to get us over the line.

In the prediction league I do for the most part struggle to put us down to lose.
    So really would like to understand why Cleary is no longer in the frame for game time.
    CC must have doubts around him because I do think his judgement thus far is certainly on the spot.
    Results prove this so far.
    A smattering of older experienced players should start.
    I also think the extra finance generated should be a serious thought in this.
    Also, Roy Keane's attitude was always if you have a fixture.....win it.
    That's what cements the winning mentally as shown yesterday.
    Winning provides its own energy. Players don feel as tired after a game if they won it.
    Losing games drains....🏆🏆

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I don’t want the embarrassment of losing to a non league club at home.

The second string cant be trusted so we should start a strong side, get a couple of goals ahead and then hope that the fat, the feckless and the feckin useless are able to get us over the line.
    So what happens if we start Wallace or Yokuslu and they get a bad injury and they’re out for the season?

Doesn’t make any sense to risk anyone from our first XI to me. And the reason is you are right in that our second string can’t be trusted, the league is way more important than the cup this season. And we’re not going to win the cup anyway.

I’d rather have our first XI fit and healthy than a run to say the Quarters for example.

A cup run would be nice but the aim of getting promotion has to be the absolute priority. Play the second stringers in the cup because it isn't worth risking injury to any of the first team squad especially given how tight the league is at the moment and how thin our squad is. Always the same though, you can only progress so far in the cup before you meet quality opposition against which even our fist team will struggle.

Getting injured is par for the course as footballers.
    To much cotton wool around players nowadays.

We lose players in training session FFS. Test players by all means and give youngsters a chance outing but present for the fans paying money at least a team that can win.
    Injuries will happen going to the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    So what happens if we start Wallace or Yokuslu and they get a bad injury and they’re out for the season?

Doesn’t make any sense to risk anyone from our first XI to me. And the reason is you are right in that our second string can’t be trusted, the league is way more important than the cup this season. And we’re not going to win the cup anyway.

I’d rather have our first XI fit and healthy than a run to say the Quarters for example.
    You can protect a player and then he gets injured in training or warming up or in the first minute at Burnley.

Losing to a non league side is a stain you can never rid yourself of, we still have the p is s taken for losing to Woking, Wolves have the same for losing to Chorley.

Maybe you’ve forgotten how exciting the cup run was and getting to the semi final where we lost to Pompey?

Some of us older ones can recall when we actually tried in cup matches.

We should play the same team as the first game, bad as they were they should be good enough to beat a non league side at The Shrine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)