+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Man. United’s equalising goal have stood?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Who made that brilliant statement that if you are on the pitch you are interfering with play...fecking classic that..
    Bill Shankly

Totally agree with the general consensus that the goal should have been ruled out, yet another instance of the officials know the rules but don't understand the game, surely the referee should have been sent to the screen it was obvious when Rashford stepped over the ball he had interfered with play, also the Man City keeper clearly thinks he is going to shoot rather than Fernandes.

Actually, it stinks. Where big money is at stake, the likelihood of corruption increases proportionally.

By the current law's interpretation it was legal.
    Well taken goal.

I bet some Leeds fans of a certain vintage would say no goal as they are still haunted by a certain 1971 game

Even Dermot Gallagher on ‘Ref. Watch’ this morning, who 99.9% of the time backs the referee’s decision, stated that he wouldn’t have given the goal. As I’ve stated before, the only people to have backed the referee’s decision were connected to Man. Utd. Appalling decision!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    By the current law's interpretation it was legal.
    Well taken goal.
    Living proof that the law is indeed an ass in this case. Even under the current ruling it takes tongue twisting to it's most extreme limit of interpretation/manipulation for that goal to have stood. Honestly.

And I haven't even bothered watching it to find out for myself yet 🤣🤣🤣 .

It was a class goal.
    Well taken
    Screw the rules...🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    Bill Shankly
    Thanks SCOOP.
    Speaking of goals that are controversial....I also remember a goal scored against or for Liverpool (can't remember) a brilliant diving header by a balloon that diverted the ball into the net that was going wide.

I think the controversy was weather the balloon was offside or not....🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fecking football is priceless for what it throws up every week.
    Saw another clip of a ball rolling into an empty net only to be prevented from going in by a dog that ran on the pitch and chased it out for a corner.

The attacking team were passed off twice.
    Once for not getting the goal
    Twice for not getting even a corner as it couldn't be determined by the ref which side the dog was on...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Priceless....

I remember the goal we scored against Everton Zohore years ago when a Jack Russell dog ran onto the pitch and chased after the ball. The Everton players stopped and we scored and the photo in the Birmingham Mail made it look as if the dog had just kicked the ball and scored! The goal stood, priceless!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)