+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Luke Offord

All that typing for nothing. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Oh dear looks like Gazan has totally lost the plot. Currently throwing his toys out of his pram. I do hope that mummy does not smack his little pink bottom. Write simply to antagonise. He really is scraping the bottom of the barrel. For me his above comments are absolutely offensive and inappropiate for a forum like this. Has it upset me, has it hell. All it does is confirm my opinion that he is not the nice person he tries so hard to make people believe he is.

No surprise that this forum has so many viewers and so few posters
    Oh dear some revealing concepts brought up there!

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    All that typing for nothing. Lol.
    Yes, sorry about that, MFC. Some people just cannot stay on topic as their desire to offend and be personal is overwhelming for them.
    So we'll never know if Offord was due to play today. Along with the majority of commentators, I believe his talents are clear for all to see. However, with the incoming signings and Ainley's return, I can't see him being put into midfield. Yet, having too many CHs- what a problem to have!

I wonder if we might see Billy Sass Davies go out on loan, I presume that he will be fit/not far off. This would mean we would have the same number of CH's as at the beginning of the season. O'Rhiodan back BSD out. Just a thought as clearly rightly or wrongly this management and the previous ones don't really fancy him.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I wonder if we might see Billy Sass Davies go out on loan, I presume that he will be fit/not far off. This would mean we would have the same number of CH's as at the beginning of the season. O'Rhiodan back BSD out. Just a thought as clearly rightly or wrongly this management and the previous ones don't really fancy him.

I feel sorry for BSD as he an honest albeit limited defender no worse than Harry Davies and George Ray who played 100s of games for the Alex but were truly awful, if he was fit the player I would get rid of is Zak Williams massively overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I feel sorry for BSD as he an honest albeit limited defender no worse than Harry Davies and George Ray who played 100s of games for the Alex but were truly awful, if he was fit the player I would get rid of is Zak Williams massively overrated.
    Wow, he really isn't. He is a 17 year old lad (he may now have turned 18) and he has spent most of his time playing in a struggling side and sometimes out of position. I am not saying he is the finished article. He really isn't. I certainly wouldn't be letting him go and doing what the club has been accused of a lot in recent seasons and let him go for next to nothing. He needs to continue his development here and he will be playing at a higher level in a few years time. As for Billy Sass Davies, I would agree he has not really had much of an opportunity. In reality, he is a league 2 centre half who lacks a bit of pace and is probably limited in his effectiveness. Not ideal against a pacy striker but probably the most effective we have against a great lummox.

This thread is not a waste of time after all, next game up Stockport as you all probably know.

So Colkett may be available tomorrow night. This means there is, for the first time this season, competition for places in midfield. With that in mind, what would be people's ideal midfield line up for this game.
    Do we feel any more (or less) optimistic for Tuesday night?

And going back to the thread (sorry my bad) I still think Offord is a great defender but I do believe he causes us problems when in possession. He has been (deep breath as I say this..) overcoached and as a result is very controlled and won't seem to take the initiative resulting in a tendency to stop, put his foot on the ball, turn and play square or backwards.
    Sometimes that is necessary but hardly when he's on the halfway line and most of the team are ahead of him.

Which means he would make a great CDM. Read the game, defend, win the ball - and play a simple pass to a more creative team-mate.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast