+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Luke Offord

Also don't think that Luke has been over-coached, more a case of not being coached correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Which means he would make a great CDM. Read the game, defend, win the ball - and play a simple pass to a more creative team-mate.
    You mean like Last Chance Callum?

Which means he would make a great CDM. Read the game, defend, win the ball - and play a simple pass to a more creative team-mate.
    Except a succession of managers presumably didnt/don't think so, as they have never played him in centre mid. Temperament??

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Except a succession of managers presumably didnt/don't think so, as they have never played him in centre mid. Temperament??
    Could be temperament, and I accept that the managers/coaches know him a lot better than I do ...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    You mean like Last Chance Callum?
    Last Chance Luke - sounds a bit like a Hollywood movie.

So will he play tomorrow if Concrete Rod is back?

Also don't think that Luke has been over-coached, more a case of not being coached correctly.

And his coaches are now the hapless trio who are leading the first team Larry, Curly and mo is it any wonder that the first team is a crock ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    And his coaches are now the hapless trio who are leading the first team Larry, Curly and mo is it any wonder that the first team is a crock ?
    Just to clarify, what I was referring to was decision-making. Knowing when to kick the ball into Row Z, rather than playing 'tippy-tappy'.
    With the way the pitch was on Saturday a more direct 'game-plan' would have helped.

Just to clarify, what I was referring to was decision-making. Knowing when to kick the ball into Row Z, rather than playing 'tippy-tappy'.
    With the way the pitch was on Saturday a more direct 'game-plan' would have helped.

And I repeat he is nothing special overrated and tonight’s performance did nothing to prove otherwise defensively clueless, positionally clueless a leader he is not a player who you want with the ball at his feet NOT !!! Need I say anymore.

I disagree. Defensively, he is good and has an ability to anticipate movement. Where I do criticise him is with his distribution.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast