+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stockport

Stockport

Not looking forward to this game as I'll have to share the train with County fans to and from the ground.
    As for the match itself, Stockport seem to offer a 'battering ram' effect to their approach to a game. They also have a high number of red cards for the season so there is also a chance of sending offs in consecutive games.
    Not sure about the outcome. LB may feel pressured to attack but I think we should try to frustrate the opposition, have a 5 at the back (this should counter their use of the wings and WBs). However, this can only work if the Alex set up for a quick counter-attack- not really something they've done much this season. It's important that we don't resort to just lumping the ball up the middle. Any longish balls should be angled or into space behind their defence.
    The pessimist in me thinks that we're heading for defeat. With a large and loud County support, any goal we concede will rack up the pressure for more. As a, at best, goal-a-game team, we could collapse after a goal.
    So head says 0-2, heart 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Not looking forward to this game as I'll have to share the train with County fans to and from the ground.
    As for the match itself, Stockport seem to offer a 'battering ram' effect to their approach to a game. They also have a high number of red cards for the season so there is also a chance of sending offs in consecutive games.
    Not sure about the outcome. LB may feel pressured to attack but I think we should try to frustrate the opposition, have a 5 at the back (this should counter their use of the wings and WBs). However, this can only work if the Alex set up for a quick counter-attack- not really something they've done much this season. It's important that we don't resort to just lumping the ball up the middle. Any longish balls should be angled or into space behind their defence.
    The pessimist in me thinks that we're heading for defeat. With a large and loud County support, any goal we concede will rack up the pressure for more. As a, at best, goal-a-game team, we could collapse after a goal.
    So head says 0-2, heart 1-1.
    Do you really realize your defeatism in losing to a Conference League team of last season? Fans on here ought to suggest ways of getting out of this malaise! I am still waiting for the club to answer my email as how much does the academy cost this club.. I think I will wait forever as the answer must be too embarrassing to give?

On Stockport the first match where we were thrashed, we never had ONE single direct shot on goal in the match and had I been Chairman, the whole team and coaches should have been sacked on the spot for such a failure!

One million pounds would have brought in some decent players and close the failing academy...

This should be a good game - local derby, good atmosphere, home debut for "Nev".

Things have definitely changed for the better since our poor display at their ground. Am hoping that we can get revenge, and think we can nick this one - 2-1.

Just to reiterate what was posted in the Luke Offord thread. Luke's last game was against Carlisle when he had a "clash" with Jack Stretton. Since that game Jack has transferred to Stockport.

I think that we will put up a plucky display this time but just come up short. Offord to play definitely, I certainly trust him and I feel like we need him somewhere in the team.
    They will take up two sides of the ground and I suspect also a few in the main stand, this almost makes it sound like a home game for them. No trouble please!
    I'll go for a 1-3 loss unfortunately.

Unless the weather in CW2 is much more promising than CW3 my money's on P-P.

6° and sunny all day on Saturday

BBC weather saying -3 overnight Friday/Saturday and 2 degrees at kick off. With what's already gone on I suspect that you could be correct ShropshireAlex.

Have my doubts that we will have a game to view. It is my opinion that we should continue with the same defence we have had for the last 2 games. They have been a marked improvement and LB should stand solid behind them.

Personally in this game I would not play Luke Offord. For me what he brings to the team is chaos and panic. Basically he is not physically strong enough to be a CB in league2.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    BBC weather saying -3 overnight Friday/Saturday and 2 degrees at kick off. With what's already gone on I suspect that you could be correct ShropshireAlex.
    That's not promising - having been outside the ground this morning - covers on, no snow, temperature 4 degrees up on Woore 15 minutes South - I was more hopeful, but it'll depend what it's like in the morning by the sound of it. At least with only the trip from Stockport to consider they can leave any decision to the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Have my doubts that we will have a game to view. It is my opinion that we should continue with the same defence we have had for the last 2 games. They have been a marked improvement and LB should stand solid behind them.

Personally in this game I would not play Luke Offord. For me what he brings to the team is chaos and panic. Basically he is not physically strong enough to be a CB in league2.
    Your views on Luke Offord are interesting. I disagree totally with them as it seems do many others. It is funny how different people see a player in such contrasting terms. As for whether he plays tomorrow, it is an interesting conundrum for the manager.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast