+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Bolton

Seen the rumours that we are about to cashin cashin. Realistically what's anyone think he's worth? Would you cashin if a decent offer came along? Sods law that would be on 31-01 ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Seen the rumours that we are about to cashin cashin. Realistically what's anyone think he's worth? Would you cashin if a decent offer came along? Sods law that would be on 31-01 ☹️
    Well Warne has said publicly that there has been no discussion no offer and he'd be mad to sell any player now as he can't spend the proceeds of any transfer. I guess that depending upon where we are at the end of the season, it will be a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well Warne has said publicly that there has been no discussion no offer and he'd be mad to sell any player now as he can't spend the proceeds of any transfer. I guess that depending upon where we are at the end of the season, it will be a different matter.
    How long is there to run on his contract? Agree I wouldn't see any point selling but, were matters different, how much would he be worth as a young talented CD playing at league 1 level? 5 million?

By 5 million I mean 30 million to Chelsea

Very good game to watch. We deservedly got the 3 points. Barks and NML the best 2 on the day with Foz, Knighty and Conor close. More than happy with the rest.

Their goal? Ball was well over the line prior to the "assist". Robbed of a 6th successive home clean sheet.

Nice Cameo from Springett. Seemed to fit in well. We can now let Barks and NML go dell for leather for 60 minutes and then replace them with Dobbs and Springett. Collo and Didzy sharing game time. Looking reasonably good for the playoffs, on paper, but our wafer thin squad could see that all come to nought with any injuries/suspensions we might get.

Top of the 6 game form "table", 2nd to Wendy in the 10 game form table. Extrapolating the 10 game table over the remainder of the season, we finish 3rd on 91 and face Ipswich in the semi... Someone did the Maths and put it online.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Very good game to watch. We deservedly got the 3 points. Barks and NML the best 2 on the day with Foz, Knighty and Conor close. More than happy with the rest.

Their goal? Ball was well over the line prior to the "assist". Robbed of a 6th successive home clean sheet.

Nice Cameo from Springett. Seemed to fit in well. We can now let Barks and NML go dell for leather for 60 minutes and then replace them with Dobbs and Springett. Collo and Didzy sharing game time. Looking reasonably good for the playoffs, on paper, but our wafer thin squad could see that all come to nought with any injuries/suspensions we might get.

Top of the 6 game form "table", 2nd to Wendy in the 10 game form table. Extrapolating the 10 game table over the remainder of the season, we finish 3rd on 91 and face Ipswich in the semi... Someone did the Maths and put it online.
    Ipswich falling to 6th would surprise me although their form has recently dropped off

How long is there to run on his contract? Agree I wouldn't see any point selling but, were matters different, how much would he be worth as a young talented CD playing at league 1 level? 5 million?
    I’d imagine £5m to be about right...but I wouldn’t want to sell.

Not sure how much it matters where we finish between 3rd and 6th...I’m confident against any of the other three. Maybe, given that it’s unlikely we’ll make an automatic place, the important thing is just to keep the momentum going. That and winning the FA Cup of course.

P.S. Hoping the weather warms up for Tuesday. A freezing night in Burslem won’t be easy...or do Cashin’s hamstrings much good.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-01-2023 at 01:29 PM.

Ipswich falling to 6th would surprise me although their form has recently dropped off
    Would surprise me too GP. Extrapolation of figures may be a powerful thing but doesn't work as a prediction tool, especially when it comes to football.

If someone bid 5m for Cashin hed likely he off

But its winding rivals up in league 1 that weve supposedly rejected bids for him and Knight, still “cheating” apparently according to Barnsley fans ffs, yeah we lost nearly all our squad for nothing, got deducted 21 points with a 3 point suspended one, and will have spent 3 years under an embargo of some sort come June... yeah we “got away with it” ****ing eejits

Its almost as if we mow should be hit with seasonal points deductions ffs, utterly ****ing ridiculous

Bolton fans to be fair to them understand,, and isnt it funny how the points deductions have stopped in the championship, the EFL seem none fussed about “cheats” now despite Bristol City and Boro being up to their eyeballs in ffp failures.

JK's contract expires this summer. If we don't sell him this January and he doesn't sign a new one or we don't trigger an option, if there is one, he goes for nowt.

That we couldn't use the money for new players until the 24/25 season is somewhat of an irrelevance if he ends up going for nowt this summer.

EC is tied to the club until summer 2024.

I hope the club has an option in both their contracts

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)