+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff Thread

Who is this Katie Hopkins, if she has our resident Lefty spluttering over his cornflakes, she must be getting something right, quite possibly a lot right.

Just done a bit of googling, according to the juvenile Lefty hacks at the Grauniad she's a Far Right, islamophobic, hate-monger. Which means in the real world she's just a normal, sensible person with middle of the road views, who doesn't fall for the woke, PC Lefty tripe we're supposed to bend the knee to these days. I'm liking the sound of Katie, she's upsetting all the right dort of people, which in this case is Lefty sort of people.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Just done a bit of googling, according to the juvenile Lefty hacks at the Grauniad she's a Far Right, islamophobic, hate-monger. Which means in the real world she's just a normal, sensible person with middle of the road views, who doesn't fall for the woke, PC Lefty tripe we're supposed to bend the knee to these days. I'm liking the sound of Katie, she's upsetting all the right dort of people, which in this case is Lefty sort of people.
    I’m with you Sinkov , it’s amazing just how much the left jump up and down when someone simply tells the truth , she falls into the same category I’m in I think, now I’m pigeon holed as racist bigot on here 😂😂

This thread has reminded me, quite randomly, that on another thread dealing with our latest goal scoring sensation Scott Twine, the subject of Hovis Witnesses and doors in Nelson cropped up. Now I am sure local historians will correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the town of Nelson took its name from the Lord Nelson Inn which in turn was named after the hero of the Battle of Trafalgar. A few months ago I was drawn to watching an episode on the Channel 4 Series Britain’s Most Historic Towns. The episode was “Naval Portsmouth” and promised to explore the dark side of the Royal Navy in Pompey. As my old school was on the High Street in Portsmouth a short distance from the old dockyard and Nelson’s flagship HMS Victory I thought this would be an interesting watch. Of course the programme covered the role of the Royal Navy in the expansion of the British Empire and the protection of its colonies which in many cases produced great wealth reliant on the slave trade. The conclusion drawn by the programme was that Admiral Nelson should because of some personal ties and by virtue of his position in the Royal Navy should no longer be regarded as a national hero. I would beg to differ and I think the Nelson Society and many of those who have studied the life of Horatio Nelson in depth would differ. This is however not a new trend. There was a petition in Manchester a few years ago to remove statues relating to Robert Peel from public display on the grounds that his family had in the past approved of the slave trade. Shiver me timbers.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I’m with you Sinkov , it’s amazing just how much the left jump up and down when someone simply tells the truth , she falls into the same category I’m in I think, now I’m pigeon holed as racist bigot on here ����
    There's only one truth army88, and it's not Katie f*cking Hopkins telling it.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    This thread has reminded me, quite randomly, that on another thread dealing with our latest goal scoring sensation Scott Twine, the subject of Hovis Witnesses and doors in Nelson cropped up. Now I am sure local historians will correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the town of Nelson took its name from the Lord Nelson Inn which in turn was named after the hero of the Battle of Trafalgar. A few months ago I was drawn to watching an episode on the Channel 4 Series Britain’s Most Historic Towns. The episode was “Naval Portsmouth” and promised to explore the dark side of the Royal Navy in Pompey. As my old school was on the High Street in Portsmouth a short distance from the old dockyard and Nelson’s flagship HMS Victory I thought this would be an interesting watch. Of course the programme covered the role of the Royal Navy in the expansion of the British Empire and the protection of its colonies which in many cases produced great wealth reliant on the slave trade. The conclusion drawn by the programme was that Admiral Nelson should because of some personal ties and by virtue of his position in the Royal Navy should no longer be regarded as a national hero. I would beg to differ and I think the Nelson Society and many of those who have studied the life of Horatio Nelson in depth would differ. This is however not a new trend. There was a petition in Manchester a few years ago to remove statues relating to Robert Peel from public display on the grounds that his family had in the past approved of the slave trade. Shiver me timbers.
    If one was to look for the epitome of tenuous links, mentioning Scott Twine and Horatio Nelson in the same breath would surely be it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    There's only one truth army88, and it's not Katie f*cking Hopkins telling it.
    I wouldn’t say I was a fan of Her BT but I listened a bit and she does speak some truth

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I wouldn’t say I was a fan of Her BT but I listened a bit and she does speak some truth
    She's very big with right wing racists army88. Not my cup of tea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If one was to look for the epitome of tenuous links, mentioning Scott Twine and Horatio Nelson in the same breath would surely be it.
    Well he polished those links so tenuously
    That now he is the ruler of the King’s Navee!

There's too much judging of the past by today's standards. Slavery was wrong but it's always been the norm between warring nations. African countries fought between themselves and took slaves, the Arab nations were renowned slave traders, the European nations just took it to another level. Even in Britain every invader made slaves of the conquered, starting with the Romans then continuing with the Anglians, Saxons Mercians and Danes. So he who is without sin cast the first stone., ie. no-one. Historical hindsight should be left alone

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)