+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duff annual flu jags in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    i remember about six years ago, the flu cases were really high because they got the wrong flu strain, but i got that information from a friend
    who works for the French government.
    My father was a resident in a nursing home in Monifieth. In March 2017 I phoned to see how he was doing and the nurse I spoke to said that my father had managed to miss the flu epidemic which had swept through home resulting in the death of a couple of residents.
    I replied stating that my father received his flu jag at the end of October 2016 as I had signed a form giving my permission for him to receive his flu jag so he should have avoided the flu epidemic.
    The nurse replied telling me that the flu jags produced to be administered to people throughout Scotland during the autumn of 2016 had been for the wrong strain of the flu virus.
    Needless to say there was no mention about this fiasco from the Scottish Government Medical Officer for Health or the Cabinet Secretary for Health as it suited them to it cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    My father was a resident in a nursing home in Monifieth. In March 2017 I phoned to see how he was doing and the nurse I spoke to said that my father had managed to miss the flu epidemic which had swept through home resulting in the death of a couple of residents.
    I replied stating that my father received his flu jag at the end of October 2016 as I had signed a form giving my permission for him to receive his flu jag so he should have avoided the flu epidemic.
    The nurse replied telling me that the flu jags produced to be administered to people throughout Scotland during the autumn of 2016 had been for the wrong strain of the flu virus.
    Needless to say there was no mention about this fiasco from the Scottish Government Medical Officer for Health or the Cabinet Secretary for Health as it suited them to it cover up.
    But it isn't a fiasco is it? The jab isn't against a particular strain of flu so it can never be said that it was for the wrong strain.

The annual flu jab contains protection from various flu strains however nobody can know in advance the strains that will come to the fore in any particular year so they use data and do the best they can to, essentially, guess which strains need to be included. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes an unexpected strain goes charging through the population.

When they get it right nothing is said, when they get it wrong people say it's a fiasco. I personally never take the flu jab mainly because I've only ever had flu twice but also partly because it provides no guarantee of protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    But it isn't a fiasco is it? The jab isn't against a particular strain of flu so it can never be said that it was for the wrong strain.

The annual flu jab contains protection from various flu strains however nobody can know in advance the strains that will come to the fore in any particular year so they use data and do the best they can to, essentially, guess which strains need to be included. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes an unexpected strain goes charging through the population.

When they get it right nothing is said, when they get it wrong people say it's a fiasco. I personally never take the flu jab mainly because I've only ever had flu twice but also partly because it provides no guarantee of protection.
    Do flu Jag but finished with boosters.

Had a cold type virus 5 times now since October.......not unusual for me to get cold over winter and take a couple of weeks to recover but never had it so many times.

Antibiotics twice

Maybe have a look next year and see if I think flu Jag is doing any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I had kinda calmed Doon about the **** all the politicians and "scientist" had put the world thru.

Arden in NZ running for cover and resigning crying and telling the world how kind she had been has set me off again.

These ****s shud be strung up for what they did, they enjoyed every second of their infamy.

Arden......"We are your single source of truth"

When asked if those who weren't injected with the serum wud have to lead seperate lives......" Yes"

And the big announcement when she said people cud use indoor toilets.

And " don't speak to your neighbours in the street, there is evidence this is where infection is coming from"

Evil ****ing woman.
    Newspaper has a similar assessment of her political career. Bans repeater rifles and offers amnesty, more gun crime in NZ than ever.

It has been well documented in the U.K. press and media that last winter in Australia there was an explosion of flu cases thanks to the Covid pandemic lockdowns.
    Therefore the health ‘experts’ in NHS Scotland plus Humza Yousef should have had contingency plans in place to meet an possible explosion of flu cases in Scotland despite their annual flu vaccination programme instead of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.
    You are very fortunate that you have only had flu twice.

When I queried why people died despite getting their flu vaccination I was told by the nurse that over 18 months in advance the scientists and boffins try to second guess which strain of the flu virus will hit the U.K. in 18 months time and produce a flu vaccine to deal with it.
    I never had a flu jag until I became 65 years old and from memory I can only remember getting the flu four times.
    However a GP once told me that a lot of men suffer from ‘man flu’ which lasts 24 hours and then they are better.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    When I queried why people died despite getting their flu vaccination I was told by the nurse that over 18 months in advance the scientists and boffins try to second guess which strain of the flu virus will hit the U.K. in 18 months time and produce a flu vaccine to deal with it.
    I never had a flu jag until I became 65 years old and from memory I can only remember getting the flu four times.
    However a GP once told me that a lot of men suffer from ‘man flu’ which lasts 24 hours and then they are better.
    I get man flu regularly - normally when the wife wants to go to some random anniversary or birthday party for 'Elsie fae work' or 'Betty fae the bingo' that we've been invited to. Usually means that, unfortunately, I just can't go.

I get man flu regularly - normally when the wife wants to go to some random anniversary or birthday party for 'Elsie fae work' or 'Betty fae the bingo' that we've been invited to. Usually means that, unfortunately, I just can't go.
    That is an excellent excuse.
    I used to manage to miss numerous family events on my wife’s side of the family because one of our dogs was hopeless at travelling in car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)