+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vinyl outselling CDs ..

Great read

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    I was reading on NME site that Pink Floyd are reissuing a 50th anniversary set of Dark Side of the Moon (probably about £120 going by the image) ,also released will be a 1974 concert of the album on cd
    Flipping heck how much!! I've got PF Dark Side Of The Moon original here as well as every other album (LP) they've done, as well as every Beatles, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, John Lennon & I think there's a Ringo Starr one too , all originals that my husband bought along with many many others. I've no idea what to do with them at the moment but considering taking them to auction, maybe Ebay
    Last edited by paula_m; 29-01-2023 at 10:53 PM.

I always knew that you was a woman with impeccable taste paula and now I know,it was best just to stick to the one Ringo Starr album and that's probably all you need

The Beatles,or at least Apple/EMI have been reissuing their albums over the past few years,they always make the charts again even today but that's probably the bog standard repacked versions but the one that everyone wants is the deluxe versions,if you look on Amazon you can see Abbey Road,Revolver and Let It Be going from around the £120 - £150 mark,I want them but I've bought the albums so many times in the past I can't bear to do it yet again,I also posted elsewhere about a Paul McCartney 80 single box set that came out this month,that was going for £620 and limited to a 3000 copy run which made me hesitate in buying one,a week after the release I convinced myself that I couldn't live without it only to find out that it was sold out and I'm still gutted now

I found this site a few months ago:

https://www.vectis.co.uk/vinyl

There are also ways of grading vinyl that folk try and use:

https://thevinylfactory.com/features...vinyl-records/
    https://support.discogs.com/hc/en-us...To-Grade-Items

I say try and use; I’ve bought stuff on Ebay described as excellent that has scratches and skips that spoil the experience. Buyers will moan if you get it wrong. Don’t forget EBay’s charges and allow £4 to £5 for posting an item. You can get good cardboard mailers on Amazon.

I've just priced up the deluxe version of Dark Side of the Moon and it's going for a whopping £250 on Amazon,the single vinyl LP of the 1974 concert is going for a more reasonable £19

£250 for a 50 year album that's been tarted up with rarities and a book is obscene,I thought that there was a recession on? I blame the Tories

I always knew that you was a woman with impeccable taste paula and now I know,it was best just to stick to the one Ringo Starr album and that's probably all you need

The Beatles,or at least Apple/EMI have been reissuing their albums over the past few years,they always make the charts again even today but that's probably the bog standard repacked versions but the one that everyone wants is the deluxe versions,if you look on Amazon you can see Abbey Road,Revolver and Let It Be going from around the £120 - £150 mark,I want them but I've bought the albums so many times in the past I can't bear to do it yet again,I also posted elsewhere about a Paul McCartney 80 single box set that came out this month,that was going for £620 and limited to a 3000 copy run which made me hesitate in buying one,a week after the release I convinced myself that I couldn't live without it only to find out that it was sold out and I'm still gutted now
    Just to make things worse, there are a few listed on E Bay for around £1,800 & a lot of people watching them

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Just to make things worse, there are a few listed on E Bay for around £1,800 & a lot of people watching them
    I've just looked and I want to cry

As I said the majority of LP's/Albums I mentioned belonged to my husband albeit I was /am a Beatles fan too, just that he was the one that bought them & all originals
    I'm a Motown /Soul at heart the very first that I bought with my own money was Motown Chartbusters which I still have I also have all Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Four Tops, Diana Ross & Supremes & too many more to list I reckon between us we bough well over 500

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    I found this site a few months ago:

https://www.vectis.co.uk/vinyl

There are also ways of grading vinyl that folk try and use:

https://thevinylfactory.com/features...vinyl-records/
    https://support.discogs.com/hc/en-us...To-Grade-Items

I say try and use; I’ve bought stuff on Ebay described as excellent that has scratches and skips that spoil the experience. Buyers will moan if you get it wrong. Don’t forget EBay’s charges and allow £4 to £5 for posting an item. You can get good cardboard mailers on Amazon.
    Thanks for that Griff I'll have a browse & see what's what . Good tip re cardboard mailers

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Wow !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)