+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl outselling CDs ..

Vinyl outselling CDs ..

Vinyl sales is now at a 35 year high and is outselling CDs,all very well but looking at new albums they are usually around £20/30 each so not that much value for money

Paul McCartney recently issued a 80 45rpm box set which I really wanted but was put off by the £620 price tag,a couple of weeks later I thought sod it I will treat myself to it but it's run of 3000 had already sold out, reissue box sets of Beatles albums usually go for around £120 for the deluxe versions which is taking the p1ss considering the music is well over 50 years old now,a few years from now and the vinyl bubble will burst but right now you need deep pockets to build your lp collection,I will stick to cds

Didn’t know you were into vinyl Chalky, we’ve discussed this on here before. https://boards.footymad.net/showthre...ighlight=Vinyl

Over the last couple of years I’ve bought a new amp, turntable/preamp combo, CD player, speakers and now a streamer. I’ve built up a small collection of albums, mostly off eBay but some new, and got out the CDs which have largely gathered dust for a while. I’ve bought a few new CDs too. My new streamer arrived yesterday (Bluesound Node) and it’s a revelation. Forget Alexa, Bluetoothing your phone etc. this takes things up to a whole new level. Listening to stuff on Tidal is now my go-to source of music. I’ll still get my fix of vinyl from time to time but doubt that I’ll buy much more. I have a massive back-catalogue of most artists’ music to listen to on demand for a tenner a month. In fact I got 2 months of Tidal for £2.

Thanks for the link Griff,a very interesting read that I missed the first time round,I haven't bought an vinyl album in many a year but I do look out for limited edition 45rpm box sets mainly from the 50's,60's or 70's to add to my collection,I've got to admit that I've never heard of Tidal but if it's a streaming service it would just go over my head as I prefer the physical object

Vinyl must be appealing to the younger buyer as a lot of new albums are released on vinyl to meet the demand which is a suprise to me as I thought that it was being sold to the 40yr+ listener,what goes around comes around I suppose

I was reading on NME site that Pink Floyd are reissuing a 50th anniversary set of Dark Side of the Moon (probably about £120 going by the image) and the wokes are up in arms about the Pride rainbow on the cover,FFS its been there since day one as you will all know,some people shouldn't be allowed near the internet,also released will be a 1974 concert of the album on cd

Talking of Pride,anyone had a 50p with the Pride logo on yet,nope not me either but the war has been lost,there's no going back normality now

I cannot remember the last time I used “money” in the UK.. everything is contactless nowadays even the 30p coffee machine at work. Saying that I do not use cards either, l got fed up a long time ago with them wanting a pin check now & then so I use Apple Pay. I was in Germany though for a few days with work last year & not many places accepted cards?

On topic, have a huge box of vinyl in the loft, one day I will remind myself of what’s in it & still have the midi hifi with a turntable up there as well.

Get them down BDB,you could become a silver hipster overnight,tbh you're gonna have to change your genre of music though

The Rolling Stones in mono is a 16 album vinyl set which first got issued back in 2016 and has just been reissued this month in coloured vinyl,I wanted it back in the day but couldn't afford it but now I'm tempted but it's £300 and I'm a bit loath to pay that much,there's 8 double albums but each double album has the UK version on one album and the US version on the other so there's a hell of a lot of tracks duplicated,if it smells like a rip-off...

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    The Rolling Stones in mono is a 16 album vinyl set which first got issued back in 2016 and has just been reissued this month in coloured vinyl,I wanted it back in the day but couldn't afford it but now I'm tempted but it's £300 and I'm a bit loath to pay that much,there's 8 double albums but each double album has the UK version on one album and the US version on the other so there's a hell of a lot of tracks duplicated,if it smells like a rip-off...
    "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck".

I guess if you can only hear through one ear mono will be just as good as stereo for you now Chalky.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post

I guess if you can only hear through one ear mono will be just as good as stereo for you now Chalky.
    FFS.. I honestly laughed out at that howoldboy 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    FFS.. I honestly laughed out at that howoldboy 😆

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)