+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: League 1 Player Salaries

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    An average of 150K a week pans out to £7.8M a year. Average gates of 25000 at an average £20 a pop over 23 games is £11.5M. Add merchandising, sponsorships, advertising on top of that and we seem to be doing well, financially. In the few years prior to Covid I'm sure we were reported as having an annual income of somewhere between £25M and £30M. Even doubling wages looks about break even with income probably being down to £20M ish at the moment.
    Only includes the playing staff of course...none of the Management team or admin/ground staff...but you have thrown a more comforting glow on things and I suppose the West Ham game alone could realistically generate another £625,000 plus TV money.
    That’d pay for two weeks of Salah’s wages (nearly!). Perspective is everything.

£ 625,000 from a cup game plus TV?

We keep 45% of gate money for a cup game, so the total net gate revenue would need to be approx £1.4 million. With our ground capacity that's about £42 per punter if the ground is full to capacity - assuming season ticket holders pay - and that is after game day costs.

The most expensive ticket on sale is £ 20 ranging down to a fiver. Let's say a blended average of £12 a ticket and 25,000 sold. That gives gross gate revenue of £ 300,000, 45% for us gives £ 135,000, less our share of match day costs, policing etc.

No wanting to mention maths again, but....

In terms of prize money we have bagged £ 105,000 for beating Barnsley and those before. Beat Wet Spam and we'll net another £15,000. Not a lot really.

You can bet there's deals on the table for "proper" sponsorship next season. The size of it depending on whether it's L1 or SBC we're in.

PS there's a reason I didn't mention TV money...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    £ 625,000 from a cup game plus TV?

We keep 45% of gate money for a cup game, so the total net gate revenue would need to be approx £1.4 million. With our ground capacity that's about £42 per punter if the ground is full to capacity - assuming season ticket holders pay - and that is after game day costs.

The most expensive ticket on sale is £ 20 ranging down to a fiver. Let's say a blended average of £12 a ticket and 25,000 sold. That gives gross gate revenue of £ 300,000, 45% for us gives £ 135,000, less our share of match day costs, policing etc.

No wanting to mention maths again, but....
    Wasn’t actually suggesting we got it all, but was working on the basis of 25,000 x £25...I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wasn’t actually suggesting we got it all, but was working on the basis of 25,000 x £25...I stand corrected.
    Get there to Burslem, it's cheaper than you think

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Get there to Burslem, it's cheaper than you think
    Do you mean ‘get thee to Burslem’? Another typo...get thee to Specsavers!
    Less than 4000 away tickets tonight. It’s harder than you’d think...............and still cold!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yep...seen that. If true it’s a real eye opener in all sorts of ways and makes Sibley our 4th highest earner...or fifth if you include Bielik who the same source suggests is on £20k per week.

As I think you initially suggested it gives us a weekly playing staff wages bill of around 150k and raises questions about the sustainability of all football clubs.

The reason I mentioned Quantuma is that they more or less gave Shinnie away about a year ago so the ‘sense’ behind it must have been to save on wages and seeing the figures you’ve quoted I’m now even more surprised we’ve hung onto Knight and Sibley for whom there was no shortage of suitors this time last year.
    I think Nixon said it saved the club £250K in wages? But your right it was a surprise at the time.

Nixon!! He's been so wrong this season. Got so much wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)