+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matheus França

Yeah that kid was torn between club greed with Flamenco accepting a higher offer from Lyon ( a french club I think it's Lyon ) despite the player making it clear to Flamenco he had zero interest in playing in that joke of a league. Flamenco then expected Wolves to match the French club's offer despite previously accepting Wolves offer before Lyon came in with more money.

This is why our deal is being so challenging.

I'm hoping we get this done as we have shipped out Shelvey and we already needed +1 CM before he left for Forest.

Bringing Matheus França in will for sure meet that Bruno will assume the No.6 CDM role for the rest of the season.

In the summer with UCL football we'll be able to bring in an Edson Álvarez quality CDM. Not saying Bruno won't play a double pivot in some games. However what is clear is that Howe is working to bring in many different types of player so he, mad dog & the rest of the coaching staff can drill the squad for different tactics, formations and strategies.

The coaches will set up in pre-season to use the squad in multiple formations both over the course of a season as a whole as well as to facilitate in-game management changes to more defensive or offensive styles depending on if we are seeing a game out or holding on to a lead.

França is only 18 and so one for the future, but from what Eddie says, Gordon could play as an advanced midfielder with Bruno behind.
    If Gordon can recapture his form he’s going to be dynamite for us.

Yeah indeed Gordon is gonna be a great asset for the club. No doubt Eddie will get the best out of him.

França is playing regular first team football now in Brazil. So we can throw him in to the mix in bit parts, another tool in the kit of a winning squad & I'm sure that Edwardo Simeone will get the full potential out of this lad who has the potential ceiling of a Rivaldo or a Ronaldinho.

Bring it on is all I can say.

Hopefully this fella is signed today before the window closes

Mate, there’s no way Franca is ready to start for us. He played as a starter for a couple of games at the beginning of the State championship (currently being played here) but won’t make the bench for league games as he wasn’t for Saturday’s Supercopa which Flamengo lost 3-4 to Palmeiras (cracking game!).
    Becoz of this I wouldn’t be bothered if we didn’t up the €20 million bid now. He’s a great prospect but still young.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)