+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George Nunn

George Nunn

Just wanted to pass on the latest update on George.

The ex-Crewe Academy starlet who had his head turned by the bright lights of the Premier League (Chelsea) has just gone on a month's loan to Mickleover Sports in the
    Southern League Premier Division Central.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Just wanted to pass on the latest update on George.

The ex-Crewe Academy starlet who had his head turned by the bright lights of the Premier League (Chelsea) has just gone on a month's loan to Mickleover Sports in the
    Southern League Premier Division Central.

Should come as no surprise if you take a look at the weekly academy alumni 90% of our graduates are plying their trade in non league football and sadly that is where are academy is at on the whole producing non league shelf stackers but the clubs hierarchy continue to big them up to defend there academy position but time tells the truth for every 1 decent player there is 20 ****e ones coming out of the Reaseheath crèche financially it will ruin the club, yes 20 years it ago it was ahead of its time sadly now it is well behind. I take no pleasure in the above statement but also take no pleasure in watching non league standard footballers stumble around Gresty Road in front of fans who are paying their hard earned money to watch what they can see for free on the George’s on a Sunday sad but I’m afraid true. On the transfer front 2 decent signings 2 absolutely awful signings I’ll let the forum decide who I mean ta ta for now

Cheers @Wartman, and fully accept what you say...

Chelsea obviously saw something in him at the time - but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to have progressed as they would have liked.

He is now 21, so interesting to see how things go from here. He is currently under contract at Derby in their U21s by the way.

Personally believe he would have been better off staying at Crewe.

Be interested on what information you base your statement that 90% of the Academy grads are playing in non league?
    May be right, but such a bold comment needs supporting.

I think a number of ANY academy don't make it. This, I'm afraid, is not surprising. People get taken on, just in case and the bigger the club, the more youngsters are hoovered up. It's not a concept to hammer the Alex on (again!)