+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Accrington Stanley Match Thoughts

Cracking first half albeit against extremely mediocre opposition but none the less chances taken , shifts getting put in and some very good football getting played .

Let's have some more in the second half please .

Sounds like a really good performance YN.

Happy days!

Didn’t know they could award a penalty when you commit a foul outside the box!

Decent win against possibly the worst side in the division.
    The only thing Accrington were very good at was leaving a foot in.
    Long trip to Exeter Tuesday night that will test us.

Slightly disappointing second half in that we didn't add any more goals but none the less three very welcome points .

Never a penalty that for Stanley and Collins should have saved it to be honest .

Onwards to Exeter City and a tough game ahead .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Ist Half
    Firstly - Bobby Thomas - WOW !!!
    Get him signed on permanently.
    Secondly - Bobby Thomas height and strength causing all sorts of panic in their penalty area - result 1-0 Barnsley.
    FFS Barnsley please bring in a striker that has these attributes.

Difference in this match and previous last few matches is that some (by all means not all) of the final passes are finding their intended target.
    Barnsley’s running off the ball is very impressive.
    If number of successful final passes forward could be increased then we would destroy any team in this league.

All the players are playing really well - special mention to Aitchison and Luca.
    2nd Half
    Barnsley tempo reduced making the 2nd Half only a shadow of the 1st.
    Kane should have had a couple of goals.
    Watter came on - medium tall striker but with wide shoulders so he should be decent at shielding the ball.
    We gave another daft penalty away - which again was questionable.

Decent performance today with a lot more menace up front, Norwood had a good game as did the rest of the lads.

A sound home win against a poor team just above the relegation zone.

Any jeopardy taken out of the game after 20 mins. Would have like to see us have seized the opportunity to improve the goal difference with a, say, 5-0 win.

Onto Exeter, Oxford and Portsmouth away

I enjoyed the game & particularly the performances of Norwood , Connel & Kane who I thought were all excellent especially Norwood who showed great bursts of genuine pace today only matched by his enthusiasm , he certainly led the line well . One point I thought was noticeable was that as soon as Norwood went off we suddenly started getting caught offside , whether that was down to Cole or the fact that Norwood timed his runs better I am not sure . I would also like to praise Thomas who I thought was excellent & was harshly dealt with getting a yellow for a nothing challenge when far worse went unpunished .

Poor ref again, but thankfully we were out of sight after 20 minutes.
    Norwood looks up to full fitness now chasing everything he could and putting pressure on the Stanley defence at every opportunity.
    Thomas looks a proper player, strong good in the air, reads the game well, let's see if he is consistent with that type of performance.
    I thought Kane went from great first half to poor again second! Miss placed passes, wrong passes and miss timed runs.
    However 3 points against a bad team welcome, never a penalty (again) against these.
    Watters just looks well off the pace, hopefully when up to speed he can add some bite up front.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast