+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Club website

Club website

The Dundee Football Club website is very disappointing as it contains little up to date news.
    There is still no mention that the twice postponed SPFL Trust cup tie has been rearranged to played on Tuesday 24th January 2023 with a 7.45pm kickoff.
    Dunfermline AFC have full details of the rearranged game on their website. https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Re-ar...Final&ID=14168
    In my opinion there is no point in the management of Dundee Football Club bleating about the cost of putting on the undersoil heating if they are not prepared to inform Dundee supporters when the game against Dunfermline FC is going to be played.

Today on the Dundee Club website there is a feature about the Club’s new partnership with the Dundee Gin Company but the results for the last two Dee Promotions weekly draws have not been posted. https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/
    As a result people have to obtain the results of the weekly draw from the Dee Promotions Facebook page.
    You would think that the management of Dundee Football Club would ensure that the results of the Dee Promotions weekly draw were posted on the Club website as soon as they are received especially as according to Dee Promotions Facebook page last Friday the jackpot was won.
    Sadly this is all part of the malaise and incompetent running of Dundee Football Club by their current management.
    There is no point sending an email to the secretary of Dee4life highlighting this problem as it might take weeks for their ‘favoured’ director to raise the problem with Greg Fenton General Manager of Dundee Football Club as by then it will be far too late.
    Come on Greg. Get the Club website which you are ultimately responsible for up to date ensuring that the results of the Dee Promotions weekly draw are promptly posted on the Club website not weeks late.
    Please also reply to any emails you receive and not just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Today on the Dundee Club website there is a feature about the Club’s new partnership with the Dundee Gin Company but the results for the last two Dee Promotions weekly draws have not been posted. https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/
    As a result people have to obtain the results of the weekly draw from the Dee Promotions Facebook page.
    You would think that the management of Dundee Football Club would ensure that the results of the Dee Promotions weekly draw were posted on the Club website as soon as they are received especially as according to Dee Promotions Facebook page last Friday the jackpot was won.
    Sadly this is all part of the malaise and incompetent running of Dundee Football Club by their current management.
    There is no point sending an email to the secretary of Dee4life highlighting this problem as it might take weeks for their ‘favoured’ director to raise the problem with Greg Fenton General Manager of Dundee Football Club as by then it will be far too late.
    Come on Greg. Get the Club website which you are ultimately responsible for up to date ensuring that the results of the Dee Promotions weekly draw are promptly posted on the Club website not weeks late.
    Please also reply to any emails you receive and not just ignore them.
    Malaise.....good word.

The football club is an inconvenience, the fans an irrelevance.

[QUOTE=Returnofrros;40233775]Malaise.....good word.

The football club is an inconvenience, the fans an irrelevance.[/QUOTE
    Today I heard that a consortium of Scottish businessmen are planning to take over the DABS.
    My source told me that they are going to purchase Mark Ogren’s shareholding in Dundee United.
    My source is a DAB so it might just be wishful thinking in his case.
    It is a pity that we cannot get a group of Scottish businessmen to purchase FPS’s entire shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited and clear the outstanding loans due to FPS.
    That would be brilliant.

[QUOTE=islaydarkblue;40234070]
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Malaise.....good word.

The football club is an inconvenience, the fans an irrelevance.[/QUOTE
    Today I heard that a consortium of Scottish businessmen are planning to take over the DABS.
    My source told me that they are going to purchase Mark Ogren’s shareholding in Dundee United.
    My source is a DAB so it might just be wishful thinking in his case.
    It is a pity that we cannot get a group of Scottish businessmen to purchase FPS’s entire shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited and clear the outstanding loans due to FPS.
    That would be brilliant.
    Angus Cook, and Peter Marr?

[QUOTE=BP33;40234097]

Angus Cook, and Peter Marr?
    I would not blame Peter Marr.
    It was the Bank of Scotland management who let him go daft spending money.

[QUOTE=islaydarkblue;40234135]
    Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    He was supposed to be a businessman. What an irresponsible thing for any businessman to do.

Not his fault he let a business go £20M plus into debt? Seriously?

[QUOTE=Deeranged;40234151]

He was supposed to be a businessman. What an irresponsible thing for any businessman to do.

Not his fault he let a business go £20M plus into debt? Seriously?
    I would blame the Bank of Scotland management for not ensuring that the owners of Dundee Football Club operated their bank account within their means.
    At that time several other Scottish football clubs got themselves into financial difficulties thanks to irresponsible lending.
    It is unlikely to happen now as there are no joint stock banks with their head office in Scotland.
    Bank of Scotland is now part of Lloyds Banking Group with its Head Office in London whilst RBS has changed its name to Nat West Bank PLC and its Head Office has moved from Gogarburn near Edinburgh to London.

[QUOTE=islaydarkblue;40234434]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I would blame the Bank of Scotland management for not ensuring that the owners of Dundee Football Club operated their bank account within their means.
    At that time several other Scottish football clubs got themselves into financial difficulties thanks to irresponsible lending.
    It is unlikely to happen now as there are no joint stock banks with their head office in Scotland.
    Bank of Scotland is now part of Lloyds Banking Group with its Head Office in London whilst RBS has changed its name to Nat West Bank PLC and its Head Office has moved from Gogarburn near Edinburgh to London.
    I have an overdraft facility with my current account. If I go into that overdraft would it have been my choice or the bank that forced me to do it?

I'll give you a clue - it would be my fault.

[QUOTE=islaydarkblue;40234135]
    Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Unbelievable.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)