+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stirling Uni

We were way off it in the first half. Moving the ball far too slowly, backwards and across the back (standard) too often. They were a part-time team ffs.

I’m not smiths biggest fan but by phuck he is the master of running up the wing and checking back. The Uni were sitting deep and this should have been the kind of game that levitt thrived in with passes to open up the game but no. Not entirely his fault players around him (except sibbald) lacked the desire or positional awareness to unlock the game. Graham had a very poor game too. We were never in trouble but I think their keeper only had to make a couple of saves. First 2 goals were decent and credit to their fans. Came through in numbers and created an atmosphere. Cheering every tackle and block.

That said we’re through to the next round. So onwards and upwards.

Graham was very poor today, overall that was job done, would have liked us to go more direct sooner but I understand us not doing so until the tie was done, should have had a few goals at the end with better finishing and decision making

OK job done but that was sooooo poooooor. Really no marks for anyone except the application of the UNI.

Pawlett booked before touching a ball. GTF. never want to see him again.

Pawlett provides us something different in midfield we need, direct running at the opposition defence. However, the last couple of years has proved to me he isn't the answer as he is simply too injury prone. His diving is an absolute embarrassment.

I'd almost put my house on it that, if he hadn't been booked for diving a few minutes earlier, he'd have gone down during that mazy run instead of staying on his feet like he did.

The mazy run showed his qualities, but the dive reminded us all of why he has the reputation he does. Its embarrassing beyond belief.

I feel that Pawlett has never consistently delivered for United

Even when we were in the championship he didn’t stand out for us - apart from that one great run and goal against Dunfermline

Add to that the injuries and he’s not a player I think we should be trying to keep.

Think Pawlett might be on a high wage too

He could have gone down about three times during that mazy, but clearly didn't want to risk a second yellow, otherwise he'd have thrown himself on the ground at the first opportunity.

Yeah the mazy was fascinating. I was sh!tting myself, will he, won't he, please stay on your feet...please, oh no he's going down, no he's staying up...pure tension. Knowing if he did come to ground he was off-ski. Does it prove he CAN stay on his feet tho you could see the effort it took.
    He's surely got a condition (incredibly high centre of gravity?) would never get a job as one of these objects that are impossible to knock over.
    Terry's right tho, Pete doesn't half run at a defence. Cudjoe too tho he cuts in.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Yeah the mazy was fascinating. I was sh!tting myself, will he, won't he, please stay on your feet...please, oh no he's going down, no he's staying up...pure tension. Knowing if he did come to ground he was off-ski. Does it prove he CAN stay on his feet tho you could see the effort it took.
    He's surely got a condition (incredibly high centre of gravity?) would never get a job as one of these objects that are impossible to knock over.
    Terry's right tho, Pete doesn't half run at a defence. Cudjoe too tho he cuts in.
    He's no weeble is he?

Tbf, i reckon you could have stuck Alex Nichols on shooting down the slope second half against Stirling Uni and he'd have looked good.

I was looking forward to the match yesterday, novelty opposition, all but guaranteed to win, looking forward to some goals and good football, but in the end it was a bit of a damp squib really, Utd never really played exciting enough football to rouse the support, and there wasn't the tension of a threat of the opposition to give the match an edge. In fact it took a useless Tory Linesman to get a chant from the support! We were just so slow moving the ball out of defence first half, made it all a bit boring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)