+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Watford Post Match Thoughts

Another wonderful performance from the lads.
    Couldn't fault anyone today they all played well.
    Fosu came in and did really well but I think he
    will be kicking himself for that miss.
    Olly man of the match for me, but they all were good.
    Again pleased for MT his tactics are doing well
    not sitting back and letting teams come on to us as we have done in the past.
    Johansson. A couple of tremendous saves but will have to have another look at their goal as I thought he could have done better with it.
    Peltier. Much better game
    Morrison. Spot on and has steadied the shaky defence.
    Humphreys. Top class gave them nowt and uses the ball well.
    Hjelde. Even better game than last week and he was good then, but oh what a give away for their goal.
    Oddoffin. Best game for us yet, was constantly involved.
    Barlaser. Got caught In possession too much, needs to concentrate on his game, just sign another contract Dan
    Rathbone. Man of the match battled well, uses the ball well, not something he always does, and looked dangerous when coming forward.
    Ferguson. Lads a footballer took his goal well.
    Fosu. Welcome Tariq brilliant debut, tremendous shot which led to the goal but would have been a Millers legend had he slapped the easy chance in.
    Ogbene. Did really well as front man and didn't get any help from the officials. But saying that the ref didn't fall for their diving like I felt he mightA bit of a drama with cancelled trains on the way to the match bit the rest of the day has been brilliant.
    Last edited by jakethemiller; 21-01-2023 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I don't agree with that.I think he is giving 100% and so does the manager.He is one of top midfielders,we are better not selling ,which will in reality, be underselling, so keep both Ogbene and Barlaser to help us climb the table.
    It's interesting.....out of the 2 ,I thought Ogbene looked the more focused today. Barlaser was caught in possession 3 times in dangerous positions .What worries players living in 'transfer limbo' is injury. Take Ben Wiles for example who is now off the radar basically until August when the game has moved on 6 months. That is their dilemma and to be fair I can fully understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    I'm confused why so many of our fans ended up hearing the Watford commentary instead of our own?

Fantastic performance all around and Odoffin definitely taking his chance now he's in the starting lineup. Some great signings in the window all look to have class.
    Maybe because they’re watching on a dodgy box rather than pay £10 😂😂

What is really pleasing about the last two results is that we've gone to a back four which makes us look much more composed defensively. Added to that we've started pressing teams again but are also playing some decent football when we have possession.
    Something that really pleases me is the contribution from Hakeem Odoffin. He has been slaughtered on here and on Facebook by quite a few people but has been an important contributor to the last two results. Personally I think he will get better the more he plays.
    I also hope we keep Ferguson at least to the end of the season because he's one of the best crossers of the ball at the club and his experience is invaluable.
    Hopefully we'll see a few more quality additions to the squad in the next few days because MT has said we can ramp up recruitment efforts now we haven't got another game in this transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Great show against a team that seemingly had trouble standing up. Well done to the officials for not being bullied by the home crowd or management.
    Loved seeing us in our first choice strip away from home. I too, heard the Watford commentators, a d thought they were pretty good at the side of some of the others.
    Bloody hell! Not even thought of the kit and yes it looked natural

Peltier as an out and out RB in a flat four works so much better too. Next to his old pal, great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    What is really pleasing about the last two results is that we've gone to a back four which makes us look much more composed defensively. Added to that we've started pressing teams again but are also playing some decent football when we have possession.
    Something that really pleases me is the contribution from Hakeem Odoffin. He has been slaughtered on here and on Facebook by quite a few people but has been an important contributor to the last two results. Personally I think he will get better the more he plays.
    I also hope we keep Ferguson at least to the end of the season because he's one of the best crossers of the ball at the club and his experience is invaluable.
    Hopefully we'll see a few more quality additions to the squad in the next few days because MT has said we can ramp up recruitment efforts now we haven't got another game in this transfer window.
    Odoffin was my Mom
    First class today, well done lad

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Either can't figure how to swap comms if paid for iFollow or watching on a dodgy stick which only has home comms so no choice to swap.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I don't agree with that.I think he is giving 100% and so does the manager.He is one of top midfielders,we are better not selling ,which will in reality, be underselling, so keep both Ogbene and Barlaser to help us climb the table.
    MB, each to our own but I do home and away games and he is definitely not giving his best. I respect your view by the way.

He should buckle down and work hard while this club his paying for his wage. Take a leaf out of Michael Smith's book, put the effort in and the rewards will eventually come. It may well not feel good that Boro haven't offered what TS wants for him so he must work his agent harder to press Boro for that move.
    Last edited by Brin; 21-01-2023 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MB, each to our own but I do home and away games and he is definitely not giving his best. I respect your view by the way.

He should buckle down and work hard while this club his paying for his wage. Take a leaf out of Michael Smith's book, put the effort in and the rewards will eventually come. It may well not feel good that Boro haven't offered what TS wants for him so he must work his agent harder to press Boro for that move.

But is it simpler than that?

Could it just be that he isn’t a consistent player and has peaks and troughs in his game?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast