+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good result today

Good result today

I didnt watch the match but got updates from the bbc. Sounds like we deserved the win despite being lucky with VAR. Right in the mix now for Europe but to be honest i would rather we weren't in it next season. Im not a big fan of Europe unless its Champions league. Its just a distraction imo. Then again we are about 10 points off 4th and obviously an unrealistic target but you never know.

It was a gritty performance tbh n probs did deserve it overall imo but we’re not clinical enough with all the possession we had and imo we really need another Bailey type winger and a striker before the window closes else we could be in trouble as are bench today was poor in regards to marsh winners.

Motm for me today was probably Kamara as he was solid overall

We deserved to win without busting our balls, Var called it right on all 3 reviews, there was nothing lucky about it. Still we passed it around the back but I have to say Em1 was magnificent and played like another defender. 5 from 7 is pretty good going, just keep the momentum going, top 10 finish at least!

Agreed. Great 3 points, well deserved. Ridiculous suggestions of luck, including those from the spluttering ‘joe soaps’ patronisingly pontificating behind the veil of local and national media outlets. It’s their opinion, and they have a right to it. But it’s not fact, so don’t get sucked in by their ludicrous and hilarious job titles.

Sh1t Adams was offside, clearly, his mate probably was as well. Everyone is looking up, at the other VAR. Look down as the saints player stamps down on Ramsey’s Achilles, foul, all day long.

Plenty to pick at individually, but that’s for another day.

Congratulations to all at The Villa!!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

With half-time approaching, referee Michael Salisbury called Emi Martínez and Ward-Prowse together, pointing skyward

I thought Salisbury was pointing out the trajectory the Ball took from Baileys attempt following the Saints keepers save from Ramsey shot minutes earlier

Apparently Everton have expressed an interest in signing the drone!

I fear Everton will go down and what an embarrassment when you consider their new stadium, this could be the death of this old club. Had we kept Gerrard, it so easily could have been us. I hear the drone operator was a blue nose, they wanted to see a proper premier league club without being recodnised...

Great football through the lines but not clinical enough in the final third, oddly it looks as though they are desperate for Moreno to get his first goal rather than taking the chance on (Ramsey). Kamara is so pivotal to our play, anyone think Bailey has lost the explosive pace he had when he first arrived, maybe due to his injury?

Thought Mings had a great game.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)