+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Feeding excess back into the grid?
    Yes. We currently have a system over here where, once a year, they cost what you've used and what you've paid for and any difference you either pay or receive... when excess is fed back into the grid, they look at what you used minus what you fed back and then work out the difference. That is getting gradually changed over the next 8 years and you will pay your supplier for what you use and they will pay you, at a much lower rate, for what you feed into the grid. The government rationaal for this is that people without panels are subsidising those that do. Looking further, they also look at the current 1 in 3 of owners who have fitted panels and 1 in 6 on rented properties. I was thinking of having the excess fed into a battery. My friend said not yet. Better off feeding the grid for now and in a few years fit a battery or batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Are you going for a ground source heat pump or an air source one? The ones I've looked at are ground source using boreholes to get maximum heat exchange. Don't get much, if any, change from 50 grand for those though - and given my life expectancy I'm not sure its financially viable - although I guess it would put value on the house for my heirs!
    Ground source ones over here cost between €6K and €20K

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Puzzled by the implication that Government failings and wrongdoings don’t ‘actually matter’. It’s an odd and complacent assertion. Of course, imo, both ‘careless government’ and the energy crisis/global warming situation are both things of the utmost important. They both ‘actually matter’ a great deal and they do obviously overlap...not least because of the previous PM’s obsession with lifting the ban on fracking.

On the subject of ground source heat pumps, one of my sons actually benefited from a government grant to have such a system installed. My observations are that it isn’t quite as effective at producing heat as my own oil fired system however it is enormously more cost effective and clearly much better for the planet. Unfortunately, before we all get too excited...my son lives in Germany.
    The Germans are well ahead of NL in the development and use of batteries. In a few years it will become financially wise to fit one but at the moment feeding excess back into the grid is the more economical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Yes. We currently have a system over here where, once a year, they cost what you've used and what you've paid for and any difference you either pay or receive... when excess is fed back into the grid, they look at what you used minus what you fed back and then work out the difference. That is getting gradually changed over the next 8 years and you will pay your supplier for what you use and they will pay you, at a much lower rate, for what you feed into the grid. The government rationaal for this is that people without panels are subsidising those that do. Looking further, they also look at the current 1 in 3 of owners who have fitted panels and 1 in 6 on rented properties. I was thinking of having the excess fed into a battery. My friend said not yet. Better off feeding the grid for now and in a few years fit a battery or batteries.
    Interesting stuff. It’s sort of the same in U.K. but I’ve gone off grid atm at least mainly because I understand the technologies at basic level from boats and campers and that’s way cheaper than feeding in.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Its the same in the UK, though the Tories did reduce significantly the rates paid for feeding into the grid, I got in on the old system known as feed In Tariff, FIT and get paid about £2k a year for what my solar panels produce.

I currently pay 20 eurocents per kwH. That's what I'll get back as well once the panels are up and running. If the govt plans go through it will reduce to around 9c per KwH. What I pay will remain at 20c for the next 2 and a bit years until my current deal runs out.

Just when one thought the Tories couldn't get any wackier, Liz Truss reappears and pens a bizarre 4,00 word piece which the Torygraph - already being ridiculed for its front page piece trying to rehabilitate Prince Andrew, publishes it on its front page, together with the a picture of the self deluded gormless, lying ****wit! Jeez, this lot really do ahve their heads so far up their own arses they just haven't a clue!

So there lies ahead some interesting times, it seems both Truss and possibly Johnson will be waiting in the wings for Sunak to fail to improve the Tory party's election prospects. Mind you at the same time they seem to be actively working behind the scenes to derail him anyway, outright internecine war fare within the Tory party will break out, which can only be good news.

Meanwhile, my bet would be, that if Sunak remains a PM into 2024, Farage, will somehow manoeuvre himself into leading either the Reform Party or some other right wing loony party funded by a billionaire who is looking to cause mischief. If that happens the Tory party could well be toast!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Just when one thought the Tories couldn't get any wackier, Liz Truss reappears and pens a bizarre 4,00 word piece which the Torygraph - already being ridiculed for its front page piece trying to rehabilitate Prince Andrew, publishes it on its front page, together with the a picture of the self deluded gormless, lying ****wit! Jeez, this lot really do ahve their heads so far up their own arses they just haven't a clue!

So there lies ahead some interesting times, it seems both Truss and possibly Johnson will be waiting in the wings for Sunak to fail to improve the Tory party's election prospects. Mind you at the same time they seem to be actively working behind the scenes to derail him anyway, outright internecine war fare within the Tory party will break out, which can only be good news.

Meanwhile, my bet would be, that if Sunak remains a PM into 2024, Farage, will somehow manoeuvre himself into leading either the Reform Party or some other right wing loony party funded by a billionaire who is looking to cause mischief. If that happens the Tory party could well be toast!
    The possibility of Farage returning via some mega rich sponsored right wing party is a dreadful thought. Will we never learn? Possibly not given the gullibility of the electorate in recent times.

As for Truss...apparently she still believes she was right but was never given a chance by the ‘left wing economic establishment’. Yes...she really did say that!

Farage returning and a far right party fielding candidates would be Armageddon for the Tories!! he will only stand if its not Johnson though, Truss or Sunak he would be appealing to the far right loons!

I think we all know an awful lot needs to change in order to sort out all the problems the UK has, both nationally and internationally. For the life of me I don't see either the Blue Tories or the Red Tories current policies doing anything like enough to turn things around.

I've now truly lost count of how many reasons there are for me not to come back to live.

Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)