+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 78 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Indeed. They are more likely to think that the Holocaust is no more than a hoax according to the alternative thinkers aka conspeorists who refer to it as the Holohoax.
    Drives me mad MA. We on here have our differences, including on this subject, but we respect (I think!) our differences when they are founded on history, recent or otherwise, as we know it

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Drives me mad MA. We on here have our differences, including on this subject, but we respect (I think!) our differences when they are founded on history, recent or otherwise, as we know it
    Spot on Andy.

I'd have put the tiktok demographic as significantly younger than 35, but 35 would be about right as an IQ estimate.

It's sad that I have no regard for the opinion of this demographic, but they do seem to be growing in influence -presumably those younger than them regard them in awe for now.

The ****s will be paying what state pension I might one day get. God help us

Age is only one aspect of demographics and I’m sure we aren’t collectively dismissing the opinions, beliefs and knowledge of all those under 35. As I say, I know absolutely nothing about Tik Tok, not even entirely sure what it is, but do we know anything else about the nature of those who use it?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Indeed. They are more likely to think that the Holocaust is no more than a hoax according to the alternative thinkers aka conspeorists who refer to it as the Holohoax.
    Mm I'm very wary of such broad generalisation, there are more than a few in the 50-65 age bracket who seem misinformed on these and other matters. I've met many a member of the so called tik tok generation who are very well informed on what's been happening and quite few Jewish people who regard what's happening and the present right wing Israeli government as a disaster for Israel and its future. Both the failure to adequately defend against the atrocity, the role of the current Israeli president in encouraging HAMS's control in Gaza in the past and his ham fisted and genocidal reaction to what has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Age is only one aspect of demographics and I’m sure we aren’t collectively dismissing the opinions, beliefs and knowledge of all those under 35. As I say, I know absolutely nothing about Tik Tok, not even entirely sure what it is, but do we know anything else about the nature of those who use it?
    When I've attempted to talk about other demographics it hasn't gone well, hence just talking age (still at risk!). However, here's an example of the impact of some of the hate on that's around. https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/n...k/71585779007/ My advice to my daughter is to understand the issue from reliable sources and try not to offer an opinion when she can avoid it. A lot of her friends have very entrenched and utterly ill-informed opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    When I've attempted to talk about other demographics it hasn't gone well, hence just talking age (still at risk!). However, here's an example of the impact of some of the hate on that's around. https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/n...k/71585779007/ My advice to my daughter is to understand the issue from reliable sources and try not to offer an opinion when she can avoid it. A lot of her friends have very entrenched and utterly ill-informed opinions
    That applies across age groups and indeed different socio economic groups, some very entrenched and ill informed opinion, much from people who should know better. Sound advice in terms of where one gets one information, to which I'd add and not just from sources which seem to confirm ones own views whatever they maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    That applies across age groups and indeed different socio economic groups, some very entrenched and ill informed opinion, much from people who should know better. Sound advice in terms of where one gets one information, to which I'd add and not just from sources which seem to confirm ones own views whatever they maybe.
    I guess that last line explains why you never seek information from the Grauniad

Agreed, I only trust what I read on a Derby County forum, YouTube, and the Metro.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Mm I'm very wary of such broad generalisation, there are more than a few in the 50-65 age bracket who seem misinformed on these and other matters. I've met many a member of the so called tik tok generation who are very well informed on what's been happening and quite few Jewish people who regard what's happening and the present right wing Israeli government as a disaster for Israel and its future. Both the failure to adequately defend against the atrocity, the role of the current Israeli president in encouraging HAMS's control in Gaza in the past and his ham fisted and genocidal reaction to what has happened.
    Let's accept, for sake of discussion, that Israel's current "strategy" succeeds and they take out most, maybe all, of Hamas. It won't end there. There are more than a million minors in Gaza. Those in the North were told to move to the South. Many did. The North got bombed and >10K have been killed so far including >4K kids. The number of injured kids is, as far as I know, unknown. Now they've told those who moved South to move to "the known shelters" and it appears they don't know where those shelters are. The South will get razed to the ground. I think it's very likely that many of the >1M kids will hate Israel now, even they didn't previously. 10 years down the road, in the event of Hamas being wiped out today, Hamas 2.0 will rise and we'll see this slaughter all over again. Not a comforting prospect.

Page 78 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)