+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596

Thread: Careless Tories!

Here was me thinking you were blaming the failure to cure cancer on Brexit. Not even you, I thought...then I thought again ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Here was me thinking you were blaming the failure to cure cancer on Brexit. Not even you, I thought...then I thought again ☺️
    Hmmm…but then I didn’t did I? So perhaps best to stick to what I did suggest. That Brexit - specifically the way it’s damaged our relationships with our European neighbours - has harmed our ability to manage the issue of migration along with so many other things…and yes, I know this should probably be on the long running Brexit thread, but it was Tory ‘carelessness’ - Cameron being asleep at the wheel and Johnson’s carelessness with the truth - that allowed it.

I’m my mind’s eye it’s 2036 and this dear old fellah from the dales has the family round, a grand time being had by all. He makes for his chair, pint in hand, but there’s one of the great great grandkids toys in the way, he stubs a toe on it and spills a bit of his pint. The family hold their breath hoping he keeps his balance.

He does, but he glares at the toy and mutters ‘bloody Brexit’.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’m my mind’s eye it’s 2036 and this dear old fellah from the dales has the family round, a grand time being had by all. He makes for his chair, pint in hand, but there’s one of the great great grandkids toys in the way, he stubs a toe on it and spills a bit of his pint. The family hold their breath hoping he keeps his balance.

He does, but he glares at the toy and mutters ‘bloody Brexit’.
    Nah because by that time, economic and geopolitical reality will mean that the Uk will have either re-joined the EU, or at the very least be in the single market and customs union.

Of course by that time the majority of those people with the "gammon" mentality will ahve expired and the succeeding generations realising what a ****ing cock up Brexit was will wield the influence.

Its shame that there are those that are so blind they cannot see reality!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hmmm…but then I didn’t did I? So perhaps best to stick to what I did suggest. That Brexit - specifically the way it’s damaged our relationships with our European neighbours - has harmed our ability to manage the issue of migration along with so many other things…and yes, I know this should probably be on the long running Brexit thread, but it was Tory ‘carelessness’ - Cameron being asleep at the wheel and Johnson’s carelessness with the truth - that allowed it.
    Brexit hasn't affected the UK's ability to manage migration, its Tory incompetence both in the design of the post Brexit immigration arrangements and the failure (from pure anti EU sentiment it seems) to replicate the agreement that existed pre Brexit for the return of failed Asylum Seekers.

The small boats issue could be resolved at a stroke with a safe route to claim Asylum policy, the cost of housing Asylum seekers could be removed by processing claims quickly and so allowing them to work and become productive and pay taxes.

But as is now a familiar pattern with these buffoons, they would rather mismanage the whole process and waste millions to score political points. Which it has to be admitted, many rather dim people seem to swallow.

Meanwhile the Thickys of this world point to stats which say that the export of services is up, whilst ignoring the fact that the export of goods is down, guess which one actually affects the majority of people in the UK, creating jobs and increasing tax revenues? A hint it ain't the export of services!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Basically, yes. Especially when you’re using data from a different era

However, to evidence that I don’t just disagree with you for disagreeings sake, something that you said a the subject of immigration many moons ago holds true - the ship has sailed. As such, although I agree or see the point of what TTR says, he’s wasting his breath
    Oh FFS! I thought you had the level of intelligence to realise that this demonstrates what has happened over decades and is still happening today. Or maybe you can come up with the evidence to support the claims made by you and Thicky?

By evidence, I mean actual data, not the *******s spouted by the Tories and Thickys right wing xenophobes from the internet!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Brexit hasn't affected the UK's ability to manage migration, its Tory incompetence both in the design of the post Brexit immigration arrangements and the failure (from pure anti EU sentiment it seems) to replicate the agreement that existed pre Brexit for the return of failed Asylum Seekers.

The small boats issue could be resolved at a stroke with a safe route to claim Asylum policy, the cost of housing Asylum seekers could be removed by processing claims quickly and so allowing them to work and become productive and pay taxes.

But as is now a familiar pattern with these buffoons, they would rather mismanage the whole process and waste millions to score political points. Which it has to be admitted, many rather dim people seem to swallow.
    While I agree with your post…it was precisely the ‘design of the post Brexit immigration arrangements and the failure (from pure anti EU sentiment it seems) to replicate the agreement that existed pre Brexit…’ that I was referring to when I suggested that the impact of Brexit has actually - and ironically - made it harder for the UK to manage migration.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    While I agree with your post…it was precisely the ‘design of the post Brexit immigration arrangements and the failure (from pure anti EU sentiment it seems) to replicate the agreement that existed pre Brexit…’ that I was referring to when I suggested that the impact of Brexit has actually - and ironically - made it harder for the UK to manage migration.
    I concur, its not just Brexit as you say, we could have done Brexit in a manner which did not impact so negatively on the Uk. Given the narrowness of the margin, there was absolutely no mandate for a hard Brexit, but even if there was politicians looking to maximise the benefit for the country, rather than pursuing some bizarre ideological bent, would have negotiated a much more beneficial Brexit.

Now Fishy Rishi is trying to scare monger the dim wits into thinking Labour will not prioritise defence, this only days after Labour committed getting expenditure on defence up to 2.5% of GDP, and after years when defence cuts decimated the Uk's defence capability, the needless expenditure on 2 white elephant aircraft carriers, the years of wooing Russians and Chinese for the money and even the elevation to the House of Lords the son of a Russian KGB operative!!

I mean how much more *******s are we going to get from these buffoons?

I concur, its not just Brexit as you say, we could have done Brexit in a manner which did not impact so negatively on the Uk. Given the narrowness of the margin, there was absolutely no mandate for a hard Brexit, but even if there was politicians looking to maximise the benefit for the country, rather than pursuing some bizarre ideological bent, would have negotiated a much more beneficial Brexit.

Now Fishy Rishi is trying to scare monger the dim wits into thinking Labour will not prioritise defence, this only days after Labour committed getting expenditure on defence up to 2.5% of GDP, and after years when defence cuts decimated the Uk's defence capability, the needless expenditure on 2 white elephant aircraft carriers, the years of wooing Russians and Chinese for the money and even the elevation to the House of Lords the son of a Russian KGB operative!!

I mean how much more *******s are we going to get from these buffoons?
    Unfortunately about another seven months worth, I’d guess…making it as close as possible to exactly five years, and three appalling PM’s, since the last General Election.

Oh FFS! I thought you had the level of intelligence to realise that this demonstrates what has happened over decades and is still happening today. Or maybe you can come up with the evidence to support the claims made by you and Thicky?

By evidence, I mean actual data, not the *******s spouted by the Tories and Thickys right wing xenophobes from the internet!!
    You must be on stronger stuff than normal, you’re ranting at me for agreeing with you!

By the way, referring to people as ‘gammons’ is hate speech and if you want me to show you up again I’ll explain this in very slow simple steps, your call.

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)