+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Can’t disagree with any of that...although, imo, ‘malicious’ may be a more appropriate word than ‘sophisticated’.
    malicious
    /məˈlɪʃəs/
    adjective

characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm:
    "he was found guilty of malicious damage"

Jesus Wept, are you really that much of a snow flake? He pulls your leg, not threatens to set fire to you.
    You really must have skin measured in microns RA, if you get that upset so easily.
    Especially as you are agreeing with the prince of personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Talking of Brexit, I had a day trip to Ireland today, totally seamless, bravo to those who made the border issue work.
    Travel to Republic of Ireland has always been seamless, we have a common travel area thats existed prior to and after we left the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    malicious
    /məˈlɪʃəs/
    adjective

characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm:
    "he was found guilty of malicious damage"

Jesus Wept, are you really that much of a snow flake? He pulls your leg, not threatens to set fire to you.
    You really must have skin measured in microns RA, if you get that upset so easily.
    Especially as you are agreeing with the prince of personal attacks.
    Lol...I’m not agreeing with you Tricky and, again, I’m not remotely ‘upset’...never have been on here. What I am is annoyed, but trust me...you really don’t know what you’re talking about on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Its akin to saying, I was driving a car and made a right turn which was agreed by the majority in the car, this apparently is going to take the car over the cliff and kill all of us, but it was a democratic decision so its not either fair or practical to change it now!

!!
    Very poor analogy that one Swale, don’t be such a drama Queen

Don't see why it's a poor analogy. Neither scenario allows for a changing of the mind. The Scots are being denied a changing of the mind too.
    As for the rest of us. We can't protest anymore. The right to strike is being eroded. Mone started up a company. It had been in existence 3 whole weeks. Had £100 in the bank, no employees and hadn't made a single transaction in its entire 3 week existence. HMG (Toraidhe) gave them a £203M PPE contract. Am I alone in thinking this should be investigated by the relevant authorities? Did the people vote for it?

I think it's safe to say, this is as corrupt a lot in power, in fact, way more so, as we've ever had. Lock em up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Very poor analogy that one Swale, don’t be such a drama Queen
    Is it though? When UK energy prices are on average twice that prevailing in the EU, when the NHS is on its knees in part because leaving the EU has seen a workforce shortage, when apparently we cannot afford to pay even something approaching the cost of living wage increases to key workers resulting in them leaving for other jobs, when trade barriers contribute to a shortage of drugs and other medicines and there is actual documented evidence ( as distinct from anecdotal) of people dying!

I realise that you and many others feel "untouched" by the negative effects of Brexit, well I'm not untouched just lucky enough to be well off enough to afford them, though I guess if I am unlucky enough to require medial treatment I may change my mind. But actually we are all feeling the effects and they are serious!

Whilst the scenario you paint may be more or less accurate, is it fair to blame it all on Brexit. Yes Brexit will be contributory, but so too was/is COVID and now is the energy crisis sparked by war.

So don't blame the whole sorry state of affairs in one thing, just because it suits your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Whilst the scenario you paint may be more or less accurate, is it fair to blame it all on Brexit. Yes Brexit will be contributory, but so too was/is COVID and now is the energy crisis sparked by war.

So don't blame the whole sorry state of affairs in one thing, just because it suits your agenda.
    He isn’t. He’s simply pointing out the ‘negative effects of Brexit’. You yourself concede ‘Brexit will be contributary’ so are you really suggesting that people knowingly voted for something that now falls into the same category as Covid and Putin in terms of harming the UK economy?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Is it though? When UK energy prices are on average twice that prevailing in the EU, when the NHS is on its knees in part because leaving the EU has seen a workforce shortage, when apparently we cannot afford to pay even something approaching the cost of living wage increases to key workers resulting in them leaving for other jobs, when trade barriers contribute to a shortage of drugs and other medicines and there is actual documented evidence ( as distinct from anecdotal) of people dying!

I realise that you and many others feel "untouched" by the negative effects of Brexit, well I'm not untouched just lucky enough to be well off enough to afford them, though I guess if I am unlucky enough to require medial treatment I may change my mind. But actually we are all feeling the effects and they are serious!
    I think its a terrible analogy....you needed to add that no one in the car could give you a valid reason why you should turn right, and that even when you were plummeting to your death they were saying 'everything is fine don't worry, in 50 years there will be a bridge here to cross'

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    I think its a terrible analogy....you needed to add that no one in the car could give you a valid reason why you should turn right, and that even when you were plummeting to your death they were saying 'everything is fine don't worry, in 50 years there will be a bridge here to cross'
    Lol. Post of the day!

Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)