+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Third Division Fixtures Tuesday Neet

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I'm keeping my eye on Charlton Pass. Quick front 3.
    They would be my shout too Arby .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    They would be my shout too Arby .
    They do look lively up front but I am not so sure they are that tight at the back, all though we lost last week we created enough opportunities / chances to win 3 matches & I am not so sure they can get away that kind of defending on a regular basis , we will see , the run in is always the most interesting phase of the season .

Am still looking at Gareth Ainsworth's Wycombe and newly returned Darren Ferguson's Posh results

At the moment its looking like Plymouth and the Fowls for the top two, but Derby are in really good form right now. And if they miss out on the top two, then Ipswich could be there for the taking in the Play offs.
    Look at what happened to Warsaw when they missed out on the top two, in '16.

Plymouth and Wednesday need abart another eight wins and a few draws from their remaining 18/ 19 games to finish ararnd the 90 pt mark, usually enough for automatic promotion (Stendel's team finished on 91 pts with Charlton and Portsmouth on 88pts). I agree Derby are the ones with the quality and squad depth not to lose many more this season and could sneak in.
    If Derby finish 3rd and us 6th it would be a tough semi final over two legs.

For us to reach the 90 pt mark we would need 47 pts from 21 games, something like W14 D5 L2. It's a big ask.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 23-01-2023 at 09:02 AM.

If we finished 6th but lost both legs to Derby or anybody else, would we take it as consolation and say "ohh well never mind, at least we got to the Play offs!".

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    If we finished 6th but lost both legs to Derby or anybody else, would we take it as consolation and say "ohh well never mind, at least we got to the Play offs!".
    Probably yes if we were the 6th best team in the league & we got beaten by a better outfit , in my opinion we are well in front of where I thought we would be & if we get to the play offs we will have exceeded my highest hopes for this season by a country mile .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Probably yes if we were the 6th best team in the league & we got beaten by a better outfit , in my opinion we are well in front of where I thought we would be & if we get to the play offs we will have exceeded my highest hopes for this season by a country mile .
    Here's a thing Shad .

I'm on my honeymoon for the Play Offs , the whole lot .

Trouble is I'm on a cruise ship and whilst I can just about stomach the fact I won't be able to watch the game on a tv given I'll be somewhere at sea between Spain and the South Of France I'm none too convinced about any decent internet connection either .

Don't blame me either , I didn't book the bstrd .

Personally I thought Charlton were all over the place at the back both times I’ve seen them this season and that will cost them too many goals
    I agree with sb red Wycombe n Peterborough will be coming on strong soon
    We’ll be improving too though so nowt t worry abart

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Yeah there is all that about exceeding expectations as well at the moment. I didn't think we'd make the top half this season, let alone the top 6, so reaching the Play offs and losing in them would still be an achievement.
    As the season has moved on, its become clear that we've got a good manager/coach in Duff, and he's done amazingly to turn this squad into a Play off challenging team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast