+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fat Frank

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Think Potter wouldn’t be bad for us - just think he was out of his depth and needed more time managing super star egos - such as Auybamayang
    Yeah that was my point between the two well go for fat frank

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Yeah that was my point between the two well go for fat frank
    I don't think that even the brain dead executive team at LUFC would consider such a move, bit like bringing Brian Clough to the club in '74, recipe for disaster.

(Although it looks like he will be available if they are that stupid! https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/othe...3938367eac2821)
    Last edited by WTF11; 23-01-2023 at 06:05 PM.

Do you think he pays for his pies at Goodison? if so then Everton could be in serious financial trouble.

if not they are probabably better off paying his severance and selling his pie portion.

Think Potter wouldn’t be bad for us - just think he was out of his depth and needed more time managing super star egos - such as Auybamayang
    Started his carreer at Leeds Carneigie

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Started his carreer at Leeds Carneigie
    Nice - didn’t know that

Potter would be a huge step up from Marsch, and agreed, think the Chelsea job came a tad to early. Chelseas loss (perhaps) would be LUFC gain?

Interwebs saying that MB turned down the job. "too slow of a squad".

So Lumplard went from Derby County to Chelsea to Everton. Derby did not get promoted, he left for greater remuneration and now Derby are languishing in League 1. He failed miserably at Chelsea and Everton. Have I missed anything or misrepresented his resume in any way? If not, I dont understand why any club in the Premier league or Championship would want anything to do with him, except maybe to help promote some of their culinary refreshments.

It's a nice little number this manager racket; drag a team down to their worse for god knows how long and get the boot with a nice big payout. Sit low for a while then resurface to repeat the process. Reported to picking just short of 5 million

His hopelessness as a manager is due to his nature as his playing days gave his all. As a manager to many soft d they get hurt that's why MB was lovy lovy with the players as is JM.
    He was doing good at Chelsea till the gremlins set in.
    Remember a manager we had started like the house on fire then players turned on him so did supporters Christianson?
    To this day I reckon he was the best manager we had since wilko.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)