+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weghorst- Keep or sell?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I liked him tbh Barrie said before he did a decent job for us with the exception of a couple of misses he shouldn’t have.

As for keeping him now - I can’t see it tbh.

He’s completely at the opposite end of the spectrum to us and him being a forward probably doesn’t help his case ( I mean if he’s further back is a team player and brings knowledge and experience then maybe we’d hold onto him).

Rumour is we got £2.6 million loan from Utd so
    We only need to re coup 9 million ish less depreciation which we probably won’t get anyway, we could do with him doing well and Getting a offer of 5/6 million for him , think I’d snap their hands of at that.
    He just needs to net half a dozen for United, one right out of the top drawer and we will be quid's in.

Vinni still has a long list of potential signings that will need financing, I suspect Wout will help finance it, I can't see him playing for us again.

For me, sell him and use the money to either help with the finances or bring in further quality/ sign some of our loan players.

VK and the club is focussed on youth and development. He really does not fit the profile.

I have read that he did not fit in well when he was at the club - annoyed some of the squad who saw him as arrogant. Connor Roberts had a go at him on the pitch when he scored for Holland against Wales. There is a great camaraderie in the squad that we don’t want spoilt by someone like him.

The way we play, with the forward (jay) dropping deep to link play up, he could be awesome for us.

I wouldn't that bothered either way, sell or keep. Maybe just about sway to keep though as I do think he would be good in this system.

However I don't think he would like to come back to Burnley and would be his last choice to do so.

Yes,it would be the last place he would want to come back to.Especially if he reads the fans forums. 😁

I agree with all of the aforesaid, he's burnt his bridges with us, probably would refuse to playfor us even in the Prem so definitely sell.
    Plus, I don't like him, he's an arrogant Twout.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    For me, sell him and use the money to either help with the finances or bring in further quality/ sign some of our loan players.

VK and the club is focussed on youth and development. He really does not fit the profile.

I have read that he did not fit in well when he was at the club - annoyed some of the squad who saw him as arrogant. Connor Roberts had a go at him on the pitch when he scored for Holland against Wales. There is a great camaraderie in the squad that we don’t want spoilt by someone like him.
    I visited Augsburg in December and got yapping to a couple of Augsburg fans and we talked about Weghorst.

They said Wolfsburg could not get shut quick enough when we came in for him last January.

He refused to comply with the club's Covid protocol they claimed and had their version of Terrier Taxis whisk him off to Burnley!

Attachment 23303

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I visited Augsburg in December and got yapping to a couple of Augsburg fans and we talked about Weghorst.

They said Wolfsburg could not get shut quick enough when we came in for him last January.

He refused to comply with the club's Covid protocol they claimed and had their version of Terrier Taxis whisk him off to Burnley!

Attachment 23303
    Shame you missed out on the fare there, BT. Could have been quite lucrative and you could have afforded to hire someone to go to Asda the other day with the one who must be obeyed !

It appears he knows we all want shut...

https://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-...-hag-influence

If we had avoided relegation with WW being our saviour he would have been off over the summer, we were just a stepping stone for him to get in the Prem.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)