+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weghorst- Keep or sell?

Weghorst- Keep or sell?

I think a few posters on here have been a bit hard on him.We signed him and he made it clear he would prefer to leave if we
    were relegated in order to enhance his chances of going to the World Cup.Man Utd then contacted Besiktas when he was on loan and you can hardly blame him for wanting to go there.Satisfactory arrangement were made and off he went.

I imagine that we need to raise some funds to cover both imminent signings and signings we have already made.He may
    prove to be a quality Premier League striker who would be very useful next season.However,his age doesn't seem to fit
    with our current strategy,what do you think?

It depends on how you use him. I have watched both his games for ManU and I am very impressed. They are not using him as a goalscorer. His touch is great and he reminds me of Frank Casper (that is praise indeed!). He helps out in defense and has been very effective there, and he links defense and attack very well. He has only had one opportunity in front of goal because nobody is passing to him in a dangerous position. This is ok for ManU because they have other options in fron of goal, but I doubt if it would work for Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    It depends on how you use him. I have watched both his games for ManU and I am very impressed. They are not using him as a goalscorer. His touch is great and he reminds me of Frank Casper (that is praise indeed!). He helps out in defense and has been very effective there, and he links defense and attack very well. He has only had one opportunity in front of goal because nobody is passing to him in a dangerous position. This is ok for ManU because they have other options in fron of goal, but I doubt if it would work for Burnley.
    United "fans" are howling derisory comments at him but I have deliberately watched his two games and he has not done at all bad.

With his back to goal his link up play is good. He has made two excellent decoy runs and United scored on both occasions. He has cleared about half a dozen corners with his napper but has not yet looked like scoring.

He's playing more or less exactly how he did for us.

Get shut.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    United "fans" are howling derisory comments at him but I have deliberately watched his two games and he has not done at all bad.

With his back to goal his link up play is good. He has made two excellent decoy runs and United scored on both occasions. He has cleared about half a dozen corners with his napper but has not yet looked like scoring.

He's playing more or less exactly how he did for us.

Get shut.
    Amen BT. Get the money. I trust Vinny to sign a better option for our style of play.

Only one answer = SELL SELL SELL

I can’t see Wout wanting to come back or fitting in if he did. So it’s so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen from me and goodbye from him.

Well,it's unusual, but I'm in full agreement with BT . Get shut of the big useless lummax for as much as we can..

Sell him . Get shot of him

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I think a few posters on here have been a bit hard on him.We signed him and he made it clear he would prefer to leave if we
    were relegated in order to enhance his chances of going to the World Cup.Man Utd then contacted Besiktas when he was on loan and you can hardly blame him for wanting to go there.Satisfactory arrangement were made and off he went.

I imagine that we need to raise some funds to cover both imminent signings and signings we have already made.He may
    prove to be a quality Premier League striker who would be very useful next season.However,his age doesn't seem to fit
    with our current strategy,what do you think?
    I liked him tbh Barrie said before he did a decent job for us with the exception of a couple of misses he shouldn’t have.

As for keeping him now - I can’t see it tbh.

He’s completely at the opposite end of the spectrum to us and him being a forward probably doesn’t help his case ( I mean if he’s further back is a team player and brings knowledge and experience then maybe we’d hold onto him).

Rumour is we got £2.6 million loan from Utd so
    We only need to re coup 9 million ish less depreciation which we probably won’t get anyway, we could do with him doing well and Getting a offer of 5/6 million for him , think I’d snap their hands of at that.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Well,it's unusual, but I'm in full agreement with BT . Get shut of the big useless lummax for as much as we can..
    I'm in shock Alfie. I need to lie down in a darkened room.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)