+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Weghorst- Keep or sell?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'd book an appointment if I was you mon ami, Ten Hag is already talking about keeping him. z
    As much as any football club on the planet, Manchester United is in the business of making money before anything else. The best we can hope for is that United offer us enough to break even on the deal. The idea that they are going to chuck shedloads of money at a cash strapped little town club like us is laughable. They are by no means stupid or naive, they know that, in the event they want to keep him, we'd snatch their hand off at any deal that got us our £12.5 million back, and consequently will not be offering even one penny more.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    As much as any football club on the planet, Manchester United is in the business of making money before anything else. The best we can hope for is that United offer us enough to break even on the deal. The idea that they are going to chuck shedloads of money at a cash strapped little town club like us is laughable. They are by no means stupid or naive, they know that, in the event they want to keep him, we'd snatch their hand off at any deal that got us our £12.5 million back, and consequently will not be offering even one penny more.
    I'd bite their hands off at £13 million and say, "So long Weggy, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, good night, we hate you having to to go and leave our wonderful football club and put the cat out as you leave".

Can you lot stop it with the money talk!! 😵Are you gonna moan ever time we don't make a profit selling a player? We managed to buy a quality player while we were in a relegation battle. That is unheard of in our clubs recent history as far as I know. Now we are, as mentioned before, a championship team lending a player to not just any PL team, but MUFC! Are you not the least satisfied with any of that? 🤩

Not sure what your point is Will, we're just Burnley fans discussing the Weghorst situation, isn't this sort of thing what the forum is for ?

Not sure what your point is Will, we're just Burnley fans discussing the Weghorst situation, isn't this sort of thing what the forum is for ?
    +1

Calm down Will.take a chill pill.😁

Sure that's what the forum is for. But right now I actually miss Sub joining in telling people to "stop worrying about things they can do nothing about" and that "it's just a game". I know the title of the thread is"keep or sell" so money has a place in this thread but by my recollection every thread about Wout ends up with talking about his worth in money, what he's costing the club etc. etc. I might be wrong. But very few seem to rate him as a decent player, and it annoys me. That's my view and now I'll take my chill pill Alf.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    Sure that's what the forum is for. But right now I actually miss Sub joining in telling people to "stop worrying about things they can do nothing about" and that "it's just a game". I know the title of the thread is"keep or sell" so money has a place in this thread but by my recollection every thread about Wout ends up with talking about his worth in money, what he's costing the club etc. etc. I might be wrong. But very few seem to rate him as a decent player, and it annoys me. That's my view and now I'll take my chill pill Alf.
    For what it's worth Will, I rate him as a player, I've always said he just got unlucky with us, it happens to all strikers at some point, the ball just won't go in. But for all that, he's never going to play for us again, so the only value he has for us now is a monetary one, BT thinks thinks we can make some money on him, I don't, nothing more to it than that really.

I ride a horse from time to time, a good friend is just as tall and another is from Belgium (which is close enough)...so come the day, depends if there's a space for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

I ride a horse from time to time, a good friend is just as tall and another is from Belgium (which is close enough)...so come the day, depends if there's a space for anything else.

Come in no.6, your time is up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)