+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Marsch Pros and Cons

Let's give Bamford a chance = hopefully the surgery he had has sorted him out, when interviewed after the Cardiff game he seemed very positive about himself

A fit and in form Bamford really would be a game changer for us.

If he doesn't get points from next two league games, he's toast. If Acc or BW beat us, he's probably toast too.....

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    If he doesn't get points from next two league games, he's toast. If Acc or BW beat us, he's probably toast too.....
    They play their replay on Tuesday night at Accrington then meet us on Saturday at 12.30 so no excuses we should be able to run them off the park (4,500 stadium at Boreham mainly standing so a park is about right). I am sure both clubs would have preferred the fixture to be at ER.

It will be interesting to see who makes the Leeds team, i am expecting a lot of changes - let's hope it doesn't backfire!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer999 View Post
    WTF. £125,000,000 spent on players. Which if those are proven players ? It's an ongoing gamble trying a ' business plan' by people who don't completely understand football
    We have sold players to provide that spend.
    Why can't we just buy quality proven players? I'll answer my own question...they cost too much...but do they ?
    Trossard wasn't particularly expensive.
    We are taking unnecessary risks with a business ideology that has too many misses than hits. I'd like to see Pep or Klopp etc manage our current squad any better.
    Not quite sure whether you're agreeing with my point or not?

We may have sold players to provide (some) of that spending money, but what have we brought in as replacements? apart from Gnonto, who I agree was an absolute steal, none of the others have shone, just provided odd glimmers of something before fizzling out. The reference to Trossard is spot on, £10m or so less than our "club record signing" acquired (who has no track record to speak of!). Fat Frank spent £80m and look where that got him and Everton.

As to alternative manager/coach, I suspect that just about any other in this league (apart from Frankie boy!) would achieve more with the same squad, partly because they would play to a players strengths not the bizarre positioning we see all too frequently from Marsch, and partly because they know the PL better and are simply better at their job.

He brought in Gnonto Adams Aaronson Kristo Rocca Wobber Robles Sinnistera established players.
    Gnonto Addams Wober ANd perhaps sinister are good players the rest are dross.
    The team overall MB and his days went mad with wingers attackers with no concern for defense and midfield.
    Addams replaced Phillips so change there and Gnonto replaced Raph, but buying a player who couldn't get a game in Rocca WTF.
    Rasmussen totally hopeless so much so Ayling is back in the team. I dare say if Forshaw was fit rocca wouldn't get a start.
    So the only improvement he may have done could be wober and Sinistera jury is still out on both.
    Hence we back as we were.

I’m kinda done debating him, I’d have had him gone 3 months ago.
    So he’s either going to take us down or else he’s gonna turn into a Fergie or Arteta.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I’m kinda done debating him, I’d have had him gone 3 months ago.
    So he’s either going to take us down or else he’s gonna turn into a Fergie or Arteta.

How I see it…

Leeds United confirm the appointment of Chris Armas to Jesse Marsch's backroom team - subject to a work permit. https://www.leedsunited.com

Joins as Assistant Head Coach alongside Rene Maric.

Was the Assistant coach to Ralf Rangnick at Man Utd last season.

Positive or negative appointment ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Leeds United confirm the appointment of Chris Armas to Jesse Marsch's backroom team - subject to a work permit. https://www.leedsunited.com

Joins as Assistant Head Coach alongside Rene Maric.

Was the Assistant coach to Ralf Rangnick at Man Utd last season.

Positive or negative appointment ?
    Sounds like he is a chaos ball acolyte so likely to just reinforce the insular bubble. Wonder if he can still play left back? 😆

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)