+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Islay

Quote Originally Posted by ClaypottsDee View Post
    Sometimes controversial but always insightful, his financial acumen and knowledge of the history of DFC since the takeover by FPS is admirable. Was it because of frustration with the lack of communication from DFC or general disgust with the way the club is being 'managed' by John Nelms on behalf of Tim Keyes?
    Prior to the new external directors being appointed last June all Dee4life directors discussed matters by email.
    However after the new external directors were appointed last June this was changed to discussing matters by a Dee4life board of directors WhatsApp group.
    Unfortunately I could not join the WhatsApp group as I have an old mobile phone and you cannot join a WhatsApp group using an iPad.
    I was not prepared to purchase a computer just to be able to join this WhatsApp group.
    As a result I did not have a clue what was being discussed unless a Dee4life Director phoned me to keep me up to date with what was being said.
    Eventually I was supposed to receive a weekly update of what was being discussed on the WhatsApp group but that never happened.
    At last week’s board of directors meeting a fellow board member asked me if there was any way that I could join their WhatsApp group.
    I stated that my mobile phone was old, my wife won it in a Bowmore whisky competition in the Dundee Courier where the question was on which Scottish island is Bowmore whisky produced.
    That was a bit of a ‘no brainer’ for her.
    I explained that my iPad cannot be used to join a WhatsApp group and I was not prepared to purchase a computer just to join their WhatsApp especially as the previous Dee4life boards of directors had managed to discuss matters by email.
    Another Dee4life Director stated that emails were old fashioned.
    Big deal.
    People managed to keep in touch by email in the past and they will manage to do so in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaypottsDee View Post
    Sometimes controversial but always insightful, his financial acumen and knowledge of the history of DFC since the takeover by FPS is admirable. Was it because of frustration with the lack of communication from DFC or general disgust with the way the club is being 'managed' by John Nelms on behalf of Tim Keyes?
    I am like every Dee4life member who attended the AGM on Saturday 19th November 2022 very unhappy about the way Dundee Football Club has been run in the past two years but that was not one of my reasons for resigning as a Dee4life director.
    I am also very unhappy about the lack of communication from Tim Keyes and John Nelms about where Dundee Football Club will be playing their home games next season.
    John Nelms has previously stated that Dundee Football Club will not be homeless however if they are forced to stop playing their home games at Dens Park next season Dundee Football Club might as well change their name to Dundee Nomads Football Club.

Resigned because he refused to move with the times and because he would have had to stop inundating Dundee FC staff with pointless emails then?

No surprises there really. Toys out the pram and resignation letter in.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I am like every Dee4life member who attended the AGM on Saturday 19th November 2022 very unhappy about the way Dundee Football Club has been run in the past two years but that was not one of my reasons for resigning as a Dee4life director.
    I am also very unhappy about the lack of communication from Tim Keyes and John Nelms about where Dundee Football Club will be playing their home games next season.
    John Nelms has previously stated that Dundee Football Club will not be homeless however if they are forced to stop playing their home games at Dens Park next season Dundee Football Club might as well change their name to Dundee Nomads Football Club.
    Im also getting fairly frustrated by what was asked for by membership at AGM and what has happened since Islay.

Can you clarify since no one from D4l committee is allowed to post......was it John Nelms who stated DFC will not end up homeless when asked the question from D4l?

When I asked for clarification on this before I got no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Im also getting fairly frustrated by what was asked for by membership at AGM and what has happened since Islay.

Can you clarify since no one from D4l committee is allowed to post......was it John Nelms who stated DFC will not end up homeless when asked the question from D4l?

When I asked for clarification on this before I got no response.
    Hi, we are allowed to post on forums, the letter was signed off Dundee Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    Hi, we are allowed to post on forums, the letter was signed off Dundee Football Club
    That's good......so was it Nelms or someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    That's good......so was it Nelms or someone else?
    Ignore that......misread.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It was a culmination of a lot of things with the final two nails in the coffin being that it was decreed at last week’s board of directors meeting that no Dee4life director could contact a DFC member of staff or director directly. This also included not contacting the SLO to raise any concerns.
    Instead all Dee4life directors have to send their questions (s) to be discussed at the next board of directors meeting where it would be discussed whether it was a suitable question to ask and if so a nominated director would the ask the question (s) to the DFC member of staff or director.
    EG. Yesterday (Monday) if I wanted to find out if the club are having an early pitch inspection for the Dunfermline game in the past I would have sent an email to Greg Fenton asking him especially as with the frost coming out of the Dens Park pitch here is a danger that the pitch could flood again.
    Now thanks to this directive if I was still a Dee4life director I would have to submit my question about an early pitch inspection for the Dunfermline game to the Dee4life board of directors who would discuss it at their next board of directors meeting in a month’s time which by then would be a pointless exercise as it would be far too late to ask the question.
    I do not understand why these rules have been introduced. The Dee4life directors managed fine up to last week to contact Greg Fenton and the SLO to ask a pertinent question but now it is banned.
    All Dee4life directors are no longer permitted to post on DFC Internet forums about Dundee Football Club.
    That directive crossed a Red Line for me as I am not prepared to sit and say nothing concerning my views about Dundee Football Club which I have supported since August 1960 because some ‘whipper snapper’ says so.
    That is why I decided to resign with immediate effect.
    I am so annoyed that I am seriously considering not renewing my Dee4life membership subscription when it is due for renewal in November 2023.
    I have a friend on Islay who says that he will only join a committee if it has an odd number of members with one being too many.
    I am beginning to think that he is correct.
    I something concerns me I deal will with it rather than waiting weeks for a committee/board of directors to maybe do something about it.
    I also believe in dealing with the organ grinder not the monkey.
    Seems to me that Dee4Life have taken a policy decision which might actually work for the benefit of all supporters. Sometimes it is better to be inside the tent and I am sure that they must think that these rules for directors will produce a gain.
    Right thing to do Islay was to resign if you did not agree with the policy.

Proof will be if we find official notifications being made by the club via Dee4Life and DSA and the media which shows some understanding of the issues that have been raised by these groups.

For some reason the later posts and explanations from Dayster did not appear on my thread.. Seems that things were not quite as Islay explained. Still wish Dee4life well and hope that they do manage to bring out more information from the club.

Fair play to anyone getting involved and Islay no different so well done to him and thanks for his efforts.
    As I’ve said before I took two things away from the D4L AGM which was more than two months ago.
    1) There was unanimous genuine concern amongst those present
    2) Time was an important factor with regards to what D4L do about that concern.
    Reluctant to criticise any well intended Dundee fans taking this on in their own time BUT I have to say that from the outside it would appear they have not used the time since well.
    Happy to leave it at that other than to say again well done and thanks to Islay for his efforts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)