+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Islay

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Resigned because he refused to move with the times and because he would have had to stop inundating Dundee FC staff with pointless emails then?

No surprises there really. Toys out the pram and resignation letter in.
    Another sweeping post by you.
    I have not sent an email to Dundee Football Club for ages apart from the one I sent to Greg Fenton, General Manager of Dundee Football Club on Friday 13th December 2023 asking if the Club were planning an early pitch inspection for the Partick Thistle game the following day to avoid the very late cancellation of the SPFL Trust cup tie against Dunfermline. I also mentioned in my email a solution to make it easier to clean the seats in the Main Stand, Bobby Cox Stand and Bob Shankly Stand as a result of watching the Raith Rovers v Dundee game televised live on the BBC Scotland channel on Friday 6th January 2023.
    This was because for the first time ever since this daft all ticket scheme for only Dundee supporters was introduced after post Covid as I had decided not to purchase my ticket until the last minute even if it meant being in a queue outside the ticket office one hour before the kickoff.
    When I did not receive a reply from Greg Fenton. I sent a message to the SLO who immediately replied and said that he had contacted the cLub with my query.
    I eventually received a reply from Greg Fenton advising me that an early pitch inspection had taken place at 10am and the game had been cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Fair play to anyone getting involved and Islay no different so well done to him and thanks for his efforts.
    As I’ve said before I took two things away from the D4L AGM which was more than two months ago.
    1) There was unanimous genuine concern amongst those present
    2) Time was an important factor with regards to what D4L do about that concern.
    Reluctant to criticise any well intended Dundee fans taking this on in their own time BUT I have to say that from the outside it would appear they have not used the time since well.
    Happy to leave it at that other than to say again well done and thanks to Islay for his efforts.
    Thank you for your kind comments and you are totally correct that time is not on our side for Dundee supporters.
    One member at the AGM suggested that the Dundee supporters protest at a home game about the lack of communication from Mr Nelms and the rest of the Dundee Football Club board of directors.
    In my opinion this time has arrived.
    Doing nothing and waiting for a statement from John Nelms advising us where Dundee Football Club will be playing their home games next season is no longer an option.
    If Mr Nelms cannot or will not tel us then it is time for the Dundee supporters to take action and express their views with protests.
    There is no point waiting until it is too late and then saying “We should have done something about it”.
    The Dundee supporters sitting in the South Enclosure Stand took action and protested about their seats in the South Enclosure being covered in bird **** which forced the management of Dundee Football Club to immediately resolve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    Hi, we are allowed to post on forums, the letter was signed off Dundee Football Club
    What letter was that.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Another sweeping post by you.
    I have not sent an email to Dundee Football Club for ages apart from the one I sent to Greg Fenton, General Manager of Dundee Football Club on Friday 13th December 2023 asking if the Club were planning an early pitch inspection for the Partick Thistle game the following day to avoid the very late cancellation of the SPFL Trust cup tie against Dunfermline. I also mentioned in my email a solution to make it easier to clean the seats in the Main Stand, Bobby Cox Stand and Bob Shankly Stand as a result of watching the Raith Rovers v Dundee game televised live on the BBC Scotland channel on Friday 6th January 2023.
    This was because for the first time ever since this daft all ticket scheme for only Dundee supporters was introduced after post Covid as I had decided not to purchase my ticket until the last minute even if it meant being in a queue outside the ticket office one hour before the kickoff.
    When I did not receive a reply from Greg Fenton. I sent a message to the SLO who immediately replied and said that he had contacted the cLub with my query.
    I eventually received a reply from Greg Fenton advising me that an early pitch inspection had taken place at 10am and the game had been cancelled.
    So you sent an email asking about an inspection in 11 months time 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Resigned because he refused to move with the times and because he would have had to stop inundating Dundee FC staff with pointless emails then?

No surprises there really. Toys out the pram and resignation letter in.
    See my previous post about árseholes.

What letter was that.
    Think it was the letter in reply to the questions asked....the ones which DFC selected a cple to reply to .....although I cud be wrong.

I was always curious who the spokesman was who scoffed at the suggestion of DFC being homeless.

Thank you for your kind comments and you are totally correct that time is not on our side for Dundee supporters.
    One member at the AGM suggested that the Dundee supporters protest at a home game about the lack of communication from Mr Nelms and the rest of the Dundee Football Club board of directors.
    In my opinion this time has arrived.
    Doing nothing and waiting for a statement from John Nelms advising us where Dundee Football Club will be playing their home games next season is no longer an option.
    If Mr Nelms cannot or will not tel us then it is time for the Dundee supporters to take action and express their views with protests.
    There is no point waiting until it is too late and then saying “We should have done something about it”.
    The Dundee supporters sitting in the South Enclosure Stand took action and protested about their seats in the South Enclosure being covered in bird **** which forced the management of Dundee Football Club to immediately resolve the problem.
    No stomach for it among the support Islay, bear in mind a small but significant minority believe anything Nelms trots out despite his record being well slightly underwhelming.

The vehicle I believe is D4L but to be honest it's not going the way I wanted or hoped for when I left the AGM.

Nelms is getting away with murder imho ( may have mentioned that before) and not someone you would choose to steer a football club in the right direction.

Agree little or no appetite amongst the core support for any kind of high profile mass protest and that a well organised D4L that is out there, seen, heard and active is the best way forward.
    The mood of those leading the group appears to have changed since they addressed members at their AGM. If they are relying on an exchange of internal e mails and WhatsApp messages to improve matters they have little or no chance.
    I was delighted when some of those from the OLG joined the D4L Board, sadly it is a move that has taken us backwards. D4L were functional, OLG were rattling the boys cage publicly and slowly getting answers. It looks to me that ‘officaldome’ has silenced many of them. I’m also baffled as to how they can get 1300 to back them by signing a petition in days but get very few of that number to support their efforts on joining the Supporters Trust. Time will tell and I think the Societies Chairman’s Monthly update due out this week is going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    So you sent an email asking about an inspection in 11 months time ��
    Sorry my mistake.
    It should have read 13th January 2023.
    Well spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No stomach for it among the support Islay, bear in mind a small but significant minority believe anything Nelms trots out despite his record being well slightly underwhelming.

The vehicle I believe is D4L but to be honest it's not going the way I wanted or hoped for when I left the AGM.

Nelms is getting away with murder imho ( may have mentioned that before) and not someone you would choose to steer a football club in the right direction.
    I disagree.
    The Dundee supporters took photographs of the seats covered in bird droppings at the Arbroath game on 2nd January 2023 and posted the photographs on social media. The local newspapers took an interest resulting in the management of Dundee Football Club promptly employing a firm of professional contractors to deep clean the seats in the South Enclosure Stand which are now covered with covers.
    If the people sitting in the South Enclosure had done nothing the seats would still be covered in bird droppings. .
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 24-01-2023 at 01:00 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)