+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Islay

Thank you Islay

for the efforts you have made to try to help Dee4Life.
    Be interesting to see how the membership grows and who steps up to help build Dee4Life.

What's this, what's this

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    What's this, what's this
    Last Friday 20th January 2023 I resigned as a Dee4life director with immediate effect.
    There is a statement on the new Dee4life website in the News section and it is also on the Dee4life Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    What's this, what's this
    https://dee4life.com/2023/01/20/director-resignation/

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Thanks for your efforts.

Sometimes controversial but always insightful, his financial acumen and knowledge of the history of DFC since the takeover by FPS is admirable. Was it because of frustration with the lack of communication from DFC or general disgust with the way the club is being 'managed' by John Nelms on behalf of Tim Keyes?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaypottsDee View Post
    Sometimes controversial but always insightful, his financial acumen and knowledge of the history of DFC since the takeover by FPS is admirable. Was it because of frustration with the lack of communication from DFC or general disgust with the way the club is being 'managed' by John Nelms on behalf of Tim Keyes?
    Would be interested to know why also.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    for the efforts you have made to try to help Dee4Life.
    Be interesting to see how the membership grows and who steps up to help build Dee4Life.
    Yep, agreed.

We’ve had some árseholes involved with fans groups but you’re not in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaypottsDee View Post
    It was a culmination of a lot of things with the final two nails in the coffin being that it was decreed at last week’s board of directors meeting that no Dee4life director could contact a DFC member of staff or director directly. This also included not contacting the SLO to raise any concerns.
    Instead all Dee4life directors have to send their questions (s) to be discussed at the next board of directors meeting where it would be discussed whether it was a suitable question to ask and if so a nominated director would the ask the question (s) to the DFC member of staff or director.
    EG. Yesterday (Monday) if I wanted to find out if the club are having an early pitch inspection for the Dunfermline game in the past I would have sent an email to Greg Fenton asking him especially as with the frost coming out of the Dens Park pitch here is a danger that the pitch could flood again.
    Now thanks to this directive if I was still a Dee4life director I would have to submit my question about an early pitch inspection for the Dunfermline game to the Dee4life board of directors who would discuss it at their next board of directors meeting in a month’s time which by then would be a pointless exercise as it would be far too late to ask the question.
    I do not understand why these rules have been introduced. The Dee4life directors managed fine up to last week to contact Greg Fenton and the SLO to ask a pertinent question but now it is banned.
    All Dee4life directors are no longer permitted to post on DFC Internet forums about Dundee Football Club.
    That directive crossed a Red Line for me as I am not prepared to sit and say nothing concerning my views about Dundee Football Club which I have supported since August 1960 because some ‘whipper snapper’ says so.
    That is why I decided to resign with immediate effect.
    I am so annoyed that I am seriously considering not renewing my Dee4life membership subscription when it is due for renewal in November 2023.
    I have a friend on Islay who says that he will only join a committee if it has an odd number of members with one being too many.
    I am beginning to think that he is correct.
    I something concerns me I deal will with it rather than waiting weeks for a committee/board of directors to maybe do something about it.
    I also believe in dealing with the organ grinder not the monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Yep, agreed.

We’ve had some árseholes involved with fans groups but you’re not in that category.
    Thank you for your kind words.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)