+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Exeter City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Exeter City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

We've not visited St James Park since November 1980 so even with a very difficult midweek travelling distance to contemplate I'm pretty certain we will still be very well backed tomorrow night .

Difficult game is this but I'm hopeful the return to form last Saturday will see us claim the three points .

Hats off to any bugger traipsing darn to Exeter and back on a cold January neet.

I will give it a miss on this occasion but wish everyone well.

Taking into consideration the encounter between the teams back at Oakwell in October, I think this lot have our number.

Imo Duff ought change our style and formation for this particular game with that in mind. Personally I'd go 4-5-1 and pack the midfield. If he dunt change owt, a reckon we'll get turned ova ageeun. Hope am wrong obviously.

If we play with the same desire & commitment as we did on saturday then we will be fine & fingers crossed for a ref who is fair & we get through without having the usual penalty given against us .

Final pre-sales for Exeter City 331. Some supporters they are well done !

The way the fixtures have worked out we have played 6 of the bottom 8 at home with the 7th (Cambridge) due up next at Oakwell. We have done what we had to do and beat the bottom teams--
    Accrington 3-1
    Fleetwood 3-1
    Burton 2-0
    MK Dons 3-1
    Forest GR 2-0
    Cheltenham 1-0

The season starts to get a little tougher now with three away games on the trot against mid table teams leading to the season defining run of Derby H, Bristol A, Portsmouth H, Plymouth H, Wycombe A Wednesday H and Ipswich H.

It is important to get as many points in the bag as we can in the next four games, starting toneet, if we are to evva feyting chance of a Play Off spot.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-01-2023 at 09:27 AM.