+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Blimey I hope Cal doesn't read the Aberdeen message board!

He seems to have lost his way again, just as he did when he went from Newcastle to Blyth. Something not quite right with the lad I think.
    Probably his mum filling him up with telling him how good he is but she forgets he can only play one way cutting in.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-01-2023 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Fixed typo for clarity

I was pleasantly surprised how good he was when he arrived at Notts… particularly the cutting in and lobbing balls into the top corner… but after a while, oppo teams sussed this out and he became much more ineffective. He was really a one trick pony and once the Twitter bolloxxx started… it was like we’d signed Liam Noble’s long lost brother.

Geordie deja vu… good riddance
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-01-2023 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Fixed typos for clarity

I wish the lad nothing but good luck - it was a pleasure to witness some of his great play the and goals he scored for Notts.

(Some sad people on this board)

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I wish the lad nothing but good luck - it was a pleasure to witness some of his great play the and goals he scored for Notts.

(Some sad people on this board)
    Agreed, I've nothing against the man & he was a joy to watch at times, hope he gets fit & sorts out any probs he may have.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Agreed, I've nothing against the man & he was a joy to watch at times, hope he gets fit & sorts out any probs he may have.
    Double agreed: Best of luck to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'd say we were happier Roberts went over Rodrigues though! And if the rumours are true about the price, paid for 3 of Scott, Langstaff, Austin and Bajrami
    What are the rumoured prices.

As for Roberts, ex player who did well for us and made the club money, so I naturally wish him all the best in his career.

I don’t get the animosity towards Cal. He moved on, we moved on. We have seen LW improve a number of players, what’s not to say that he couldn’t have done the same with Cal? Folk suggesting that Cal had limitations is laughable. Every player at this level has limitations. I could go through the whole Notts squad and give limitations, that’s why they play in the NL and not higher.

I hope Cal can get his body and mind to a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What are the rumoured prices.

As for Roberts, ex player who did well for us and made the club money, so I naturally wish him all the best in his career.
    Apparently Roberts was around £150-160k. Rumours of what we paid for the four were £50k each

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I don’t get the animosity towards Cal.
    Nor me. He did well for us, and earned a move upwards. I hope he does well, not least because we ought to have a performance based bonus or two written into the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Nor me. He did well for us, and earned a move upwards. I hope he does well, not least because we ought to have a performance based bonus or two written into the deal.
    Only reason I am glad we sold him was that it was a fantastic price for what it seems to be an injury prone player. On his day, he could be brilliant but I fear his last couple of injuries mean that day is fewer than previously seen so a great bit of business.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast