+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Apparently Roberts was around £150-160k. Rumours of what we paid for the four were £50k each
    Thanks CBP for the follow up rumoured info.

Cheers

I'm glad Roberts left and not Rodrigues when both were being discussed on here as likely departures at the same time.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-01-2023 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Fixed typo in attempt at clarity

I'd like to have seen him coached by Luke this season, think he would have liked it so a shame he left. However the injury problem he picked up seems it could be an ongoing problem so good business by Notts.

Yeah, hope the lad recovers fully and goes on to have a good career. Was an absolute pleasure to watch him at times but I'm scratching my head a bit to see where he would fit in under LW.

As others have said he was at his best when playing out wide and cutting in, that would suggest there were two possible positions for him, wing back or potentially as a number 10.

Not sure he would show the endeavour to track back like we have seen with Nemane's transformation and you wouldn't play him at 10 ahead of Ruben. The only other option I see is the position Austin takes when he plays, but again, when looking at the bigger picture who would you chose out of Austin and Cal?

If he was available on a free would you have him back...? I know I would...!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    when looking at the bigger picture who would you chose out of Austin and Cal?
    Austin all day long

LW changed Macca from his cutting in and plonked him in the middle and that didn't turn out bad

Best of luck to Cal, and I hope he can stay injury free. It must be so frustrating for the lad.

I'm guessing he would have played in a similar role to Ruben, as more of a forward lying midfielder, as Castro or Austin have played. Sure he would have contributed a lot going forward, as he did last season.

Not sure his 'off the ball' work was anywhere near what LW expects.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Not sure his 'off the ball' work was anywhere near what LW expects.
    Yep. Wasn't his strong point.

Great business though by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    Yep. Wasn't his strong point.

Great business though by the club.
    It certainly was #radar

I really feel for him, he had an awful time with that undiagnosed injury at the time, then got injured in the playoffs and then in his second game for Aberdeen, I really hope he gets some luck.
    In hindsight he wouldn’t have fitted in this season, he often said he preferred playing wide and wasn’t going to excel at WB, he’s a a right of a front 3, but he’s an outstanding talent for me, just has had a very rough time injury wise.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast