+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal Roberts

Cal Roberts

Just came on as a sub for Aberdeen. He has 10 minutes to try and help save their blushes as they’re 1-0 down to 6th tier Darvel. I think this is his first game since the injury several months ago.

He went up there for the glamour!

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Just came on as a sub for Aberdeen. He has 10 minutes to try and help save their blushes as they’re 1-0 down to 6th tier Darvel. I think this is his first game since the injury several months ago.
    Didn’t manage and obviously looked rusty in the few touches he had. Well played Darvel. My Aberdeen supporting son in law is having a melt down. He told me last night that he had £20 on Darvel to win at over 40-1 odds. My daughter has since advised me that he never placed the bet. Numpty!

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Didn’t manage and obviously looked rusty in the few touches he had. Well played Darvel. My Aberdeen supporting son in law is having a melt down. He told me last night that he had £20 on Darvel to win at over 40-1 odds. My daughter has since advised me that he never placed the bet. Numpty!
    Bluddy hell! I thought it was dire when Ross County lost to Hamilton, but that is just incredibly bad - even if they played reserves.

Blimey I hope Cal doesn't read the Aberdeen message board!

He seems to have lost his way again, just as he did when he went from Newcastle to Blyth. Something not quite right with the lad I think.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post

He seems to have lost his way again, just as he did when he went from Newcastle to Blyth. Something not quite right with the lad I think.
    Hasn't he just been injured with a reoccurrence of the same injury? Glad we got rid.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post

From memory I think he made two substitute appearances for the Dons at the start of the season. He then got injured and last night’s brief cameo was his return. Don’t know what they are saying on the Aberdeen forum but really can’t see how Cal can take much of the blame for Aberdeen’s recent failures. After playing regularly Jayden Richardson appears to have fallen out of favour and has only been on the bench for the last month or two.

Be surprised if Jim Goodwin survives as manager after last night’s result. Being manager of Aberdeen is like being handed a poisoned chalice!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Hasn't he just been injured with a reoccurrence of the same injury? Glad we got rid.
    He's a troubled man with his own personal demons. It's hardly fair on his reputation to say we "got rid" of him.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    He's a troubled man with his own personal demons. It's hardly fair on his reputation to say we "got rid" of him.
    I'd say we were happier Roberts went over Rodrigues though! And if the rumours are true about the price, paid for 3 of Scott, Langstaff, Austin and Bajrami

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'd say we were happier Roberts went over Rodrigues though! And if the rumours are true about the price, paid for 3 of Scott, Langstaff, Austin and Bajrami
    I miss watching him play, but you can't argue with the fact that we have been a better side without him when you look at the four names you mention. They have all contributed to make our squad so much stronger. Not sure what LW would have done with him if he had stayed as his style of play does not fit.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast