+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U21s v Burnley

U21s v Burnley

Just seen the team for this afternoon's game. Ryan Finnigan and David Amoo in the starting XI, plus a 'Trialist'.

Anyone know who the 'Trialist' might be?

Interesting given Bell's just said unlikely to bring in any more now "unless something unexpected comes up" - maybe it has?

I see too we've just won a thrilling game 4-3 coming from 0-2 and 2-3 down, with a hat trick from Evans and the other from Ainley.

They'll have found it useful to get Amoo and Finnigan on the pitch. Surprised Richards was in goal and Beadle not even on the bench.

Now understand Beadle's absence - LB says he was on England U-20 duty today.

Thanks for the Updates SA !!
    Good win - and really pleased for Evans, he always reminds me of Jamie Vardy.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Thanks for the Updates SA !!
    Good win - and really pleased for Evans, he always reminds me of Jamie Vardy.
    My thoughts exactly, I always say the same thing to my pal about his style of play. I still think that he is no where near to the first team though and would be trying like mad to getting him out on loan again.

A loan is essential for him. Currently six forwards in front of him (4 fit, 2 injured lol) but he needs game time at a lower level.

Yes a loan at a decent level is what he needs.

I see the Trialist played the whole game (Amoo first half, Finnigan and Ainley 66 minutes) - from his place on the team sheet maybe a full back?

Think the budgets spent for this window tbh. 2 new permanent players on presumably decent wages. In an ideal world another right back would be a good addition to the squad, but if Mellors fit, he plays. In an emergency Offord or Adebisi could fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Yes a loan at a decent level is what he needs.

I see the Trialist played the whole game (Amoo first half, Finnigan and Ainley 66 minutes) - from his place on the team sheet maybe a full back?
    With the exception of oriordan no clubs at a decent level appear interested in our young players even on loan so presumably there is already better out there and that is a problem for the club, getting the lads to play for Nantwich Town and then bringing them back to the Crewe first team is a disaster for them personally and to the future of the club. These lads need to be good enough to play at national league level and they appear not to be or clubs from that level would be banging our door down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast