+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dee4Life - Dens Park Update

Dee4Life - Dens Park Update

At our AGM back in November,*and via subsequent communications,*our members made it clear how worried they were about speculation that the*sale of Dens Park was imminent, with Dundee FC having to ground share from 2023/24

As you know we previously contacted the club for clarity over aspects of the new stadium proposals and today General Manager Greg Fenton confirmed to Dee4Life director Kenny Valentine that the club will still be playing at Dens next season.

We welcome this and thank Greg for taking the time to address what was the biggest single concern expressed by the members we have spoken to.

Not being able to share*details of all we have been doing of late has been frustrating, but we feel progress is being made and we hope to be able to update you more fully in the near future.

Dee4Life will continue to ask questions about the impact of the stadium proposals on the club and all matters of importance to Dundee supporters. We*sincerely hope to build on recent dialogue to establish a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with the club board.

That’s a start, hopefully a turn for the better, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    At our AGM back in November,*and via subsequent communications,*our members made it clear how worried they were about speculation that the*sale of Dens Park was imminent, with Dundee FC having to ground share from 2023/24

As you know we previously contacted the club for clarity over aspects of the new stadium proposals and today General Manager Greg Fenton confirmed to Dee4Life director Kenny Valentine that the club will still be playing at Dens next season.

We welcome this and thank Greg for taking the time to address what was the biggest single concern expressed by the members we have spoken to.

Not being able to share*details of all we have been doing of late has been frustrating, but we feel progress is being made and we hope to be able to update you more fully in the near future.

Dee4Life will continue to ask questions about the impact of the stadium proposals on the club and all matters of importance to Dundee supporters. We*sincerely hope to build on recent dialogue to establish a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with the club board.
    I take it as they took so long to answer this was in genuine doubt.

Well done for eventually getting an answer.

Now to find a buyer who will rid us of Nelms.

Season ticket sales for next season? Impossible marketing proposition without a ground specified to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post

That is good news.
    I see that the Computer graphics have been busy with the photograph on the Dee4life press release.
    I have never seen Dens Park looking so good with the grass being cut from the Bobby Cox Stand to the Bob Shankly Stand.

All we need now is pay at the gate turnstiles to be reinstated in the Main Stand and Bobby Cox Stand with immediate effect and that will be the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    That is good news.
    I see that the Computer graphics have been busy with the photograph on the Dee4life press release.
    I have never seen Dens Park looking so good with the grass being cut from the Bobby Cox Stand to the Bob Shankly Stand.
    First image on a Google search for Dens… I wish I had the ability to manipulate photos. I’m in the dinosaur category with that one!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)