+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Gordon

40mill for Gordon. F off.

Has tailed off recently and am not sure his ceiling is high enough for us now.

Busy, quick player. But thats it.

Trossard was 27 mill and on fire this season as a comparison.

....plus Everton are desperate for cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    This is the kind of comment we used to make when discussing dross Ashley would bring in.

Hes not the one of me. I'm sure EH could make him awesome I just don't think he's worth what they want for him.

Maddison has been cleared to leave apparently. Much prefer him that Clair Balding
    Wonder if that is because they have now seen us looking elsewhere and have suddenly realised they won't get same amount for him in Summer.

I'm also not a fan of his - he's a **** and an attitudy one at that.

He'll improve us and I'm sure Eddie can make him even better than we think but he's not the one I'd want.

I've seen deal now being called as £25 million up front with £15 million in potential add ons.

Would he improve the squad? Yes.

Would he improve the first team? No

He's a diving, mouthy little twat and I don't want him.

Watch him rock up at our place next week, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Aye no doubt lol

Hope not, wishing its just subterfuge and shenanigans by the club to smoke out Leicester &/or Santos for mad & Fanca

Talk Sport had an Everton fan on the other day who claimed that Gordon was seen laughing and joking with friends in a Nando’s on a Thursday night, but declared himself unfit to play on the Saturday.

He hasn’t done enough to warrant any sizeable transfer fee, and if the above is true I wouldn’t want to sign him for any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

There has to be better options available at the sort of price they are expecting.

Remember the requirements up to now have been, a competent player and one who can cover more than one position, a player who will fit into the squad and blend with the squad spirit, a player with at least close to the ability of those already brought in.

Personally I doubt if Gordon fits into all of the above. There are others who do in that price range.

Don't like GORDON'S body language or his attitude, could be a top player, but we would be better off paying 60 million for James Maddison.

Quote Originally Posted by toonozandy View Post
    Don't like GORDON'S body language or his attitude, could be a top player, but we would be better off paying 60 million for James Maddison.
    From the rumour mill the Scouse Mackems want 60m for Gordon because that's what Chelsea offered in the summer.

What the gossips & ITKs are saying is that we have offered £25m + £15m add-ons possibly with Fraser going in the opposite direction.

£25m down for a 21 yr old English player (they always have a premium) with performance related bonuses is pretty good business.

However Everton apparently are still holding firm on the 60m lol.

NUFC have parked the offer, as they've parked the Maddison offer.

All the 'getting/edging closer' garbage you hear in the press is total nonsense. It's not how business is done.

Offers are made, clubs either reject immediately or consider the offer/await other offers.
    Whilst the offer is on the table the 'selling club' will assess options, find replacements etc.
    If the buying club is Chelsea the player is gift wrapped and posted out on the first private jet as they don't seem to be negotiating just paying the selling clubs asking price. It's a strategy that is seeing them clean up a considerable number of the hottest talents in world football.

Whether it comes back to bite them in the ass is another matter. They do have the luxury of a vast squad of quality players with great 'sell-on' value. They can balance their books over the 3 yr period despite jizzing half a billion on players this time around.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)