+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Thespians, dapper gents about town and Rhode Scholars every man jack of 'um.

Nothing but elegance and dignity for all blue corners of Stanley Park!
    Shouting ‘you’re not fit to wear the shirt’ in that horrible, whining accent of theirs through Gordon’s car window. I wouldn’t go to training next day either!!

Quote Originally Posted by coastferret View Post
    Medical tomorrow by all accounts, he`s better than most of our back up and Sean Dyche wants Fraser soit`s a good move all round.
    Yeeep good news!

That £40m + £5m suddenly becomes £30m + £5m + Fraser. The Scotsman is well worth £10m of Everton's money. If they were dumb enough to pay £20 for Walcott they'll gladly stump up £10m for Fraser. At leasts the Jock carries a tiny goal threat unlike that fraudulent Kwik Save Craig David how stole a living his entire career!

hahaha

Fraser is a canny player, and I can see him being a Dyche kind of player.

I’m surprised we haven’t used him recently and kept Joelinton in midfield if we weren’t ready to play ASM there.

If it is true that he is part of the deal for Gordon they get a Prem ready replacement and a wad of cash that maybe they’ll hand to Dyche so he can try and bring in another player or two.

Still got reservations about Gordon, but if he signs he gets a clean sheet/fresh start and like everyone else will judge him on his time in a black and white shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Still got reservations about Gordon, but if he signs he gets a clean sheet/fresh start and like everyone else will judge him on his time in a black and white shirt.
    Exactly this.

There'll be a lot of u-turns on him (and i include myself in this) purely because a lot of fans were against the idea of us signing him due to his attitude on the pitch, his diving, his dress sense . In the middle of all this, his potential as a player has been overlooked.

Chelsea wanted to spend £60 million on him last Summer and, until he fell out with them, he was the darling of the Everton fans. But, more important than either of those considerations is that Eddie howe and Dan Ashworth want him and that's good enough for me. We're a different club now, even, from the one that paid £25 million for Chris Wood and even then you could argue that he fulfilled a need at the time and served his purpose.

He's passed his medical according to Keith Downie:

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/...51748308799489

I'm assuming he'll be in the squad for Southampton...

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    He's passed his medical according to Keith Downie:

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/...51748308799489

I'm assuming he'll be in the squad for Southampton...
    I think he's cup-tied, sadly.

Looking forward to seeing what Eddie and his team can make of him. Apparently we’ve been robbed and they’ve done a great bit of business …all after they refused 60 million from Chelsea in the summer (!)

Pity we couldn't have traded 5 or 6 of our squad instead of paying the cash. Would have been a win win, seriously.

Agreed Zip and Ian.

As I said to a friend earlier in the day - well he's our gob****e now but if he gets in the face of the opposition in the same way we cheer Bruno and Murphy doing, suspect he'll win us over.

His stats also back up the style Howe wants us playing.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)