+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Sbarra

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Sooo, we thought we had a Sbarra but the deal fell off?
    Nice one,me owd c0ck-Sbarra.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Wow if they are thinking Sbarra's valuation is not far short of £500,000, how much are Macca and Ruben worth.
    Where has that figure come from? I can't really see us paying much over £100k for anyone while we are at this level.

Interestingly Sbarra would have played in midfield together with Matty Palmer while they were both at Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Where has that figure come from?
    The link that you posted!

Ah I see. They mention Tshimanga is valued at £500k (which he defo would have been before his injury last season - but probably isn't now) and that Sbarra's value might be similar. But it's a weird comparison. Strikers are usually worth more for starters.

Like I say, I can't really see us going much over £100k for anyone this season. Our best chance is basically if Solihull decide they want to cash in and rebuild for next season and if Sbarra's head has been turned.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Ah I see. They mention Tshimanga is valued at £500k (which he defo would have been before his injury last season - but probably isn't now) and that Sbarra's value might be similar. But it's a weird comparison. Strikers are usually worth more for starters.

Like I say, I can't really see us going much over £100k for anyone this season. Our best chance is basically if Solihull decide they want to cash in and rebuild for next season and if Sbarra's head has been turned.
    Going back to this thread i think Sbarra to Notts has legs. The fact he was on the bench last night, is very interesting. added to that LW openly spoke about him last week which is very rare under these owners. LW mentioned we are close to making 2 deals happen i think he could be 1 of them. As for the fee the guy that valued Tshimanga was way off. I know for a fact Peterborough have agreed to pay 250k for him in the summer. I would say Notts would be able to get Sbarra for 150-200k maximum.

Whilst I can see Sbarra being a summer signing, I think we're in danger of overloading our midfield and clouding judgement as to our strongest line up. Maybe Ardley benched him to help clear his head after all the recent speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    Whilst I can see Sbarra being a summer signing, I think we're in danger of overloading our midfield and clouding judgement as to our strongest line up. Maybe Ardley benched him to help clear his head after all the recent speculation.
    I agree. It would make sense in the summer if/when Ruben goes. Perhaps JOB will retire too. Jodi Jones will go back to Oxford. We'll definitely need another attacking midfield option, and to continue with the owners' ethos of being stronger every season, it will need to be someone with proven quality. I just can't see us spending £200k or whatever though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    Aye our bench was five midfielders last night, and you’d think another striker option or wing back cover are more obvious places if we do want to strengthen.

That said, Sbarra is an excellent player and if he’s available and wants to join now at a reasonable fee, you can’t really turn those opportunities down.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I agree. It would make sense in the summer if/when Ruben goes. Perhaps JOB will retire too. Jodi Jones will go back to Oxford. We'll definitely need another attacking midfield option, and to continue with the owners' ethos of being stronger every season, it will need to be someone with proven quality. I just can't see us spending £200k or whatever though.
    He's not worth anywhere near £200k imo.

£60-75k tops should be enough to get him, anything higher than that and I'd want better than Sbarra.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast