+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wrexham v Gateshead

Just having a flick through. All I want to say about everything is that this season is a total anomaly. One of my best buds is a Wrexham fan and he believes it will go down to the wire. I hope it doesn't.

There's every chance that both teams will finish plus 100 points and one of us will go up automatically which seems completely ridiculous, but is likely to happen.

Wrexham are favourites, without a doubt. So I dont think it's a 'missed opportunity ' if we don't go up automatically.

Somebody alluded to the fact that if we end up in the playoffs, we may face a team with 30 points less. Yes, we may, but what we need to do is absolutely crush them and show them why we finished on 100 plus points instead of thinking 'that's not fair'. Southend are my biggest concern. Very 'streetwise' a la Grimsby last season.

Anyway. Let's settle down. Wrexham are clearly favourites and we are going toe to toe with them in one of the best seasons we have all witnessed in a long while.

Lets enjoy it and see what happens. If it's playoffs, it's playoffs...we'll just have to deal with it.

As a great mind once said..

"FEEL THE FORCE LUKE"

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    What’s worse is that if it did happen. 1 team would definitely not be promoted having achieved 100points. It would take some recovery to go again next season.
    My only hope if we don’t win the league is that it’s sorted 3 or 4 games before the end of the season so that the players can mentally get themselves right. Nothing would be worse than any last day shenanigans. Look at Wrexham last season.
    The worst-case scenario would be to lose out on the final weekend like Northampton did last season when Bristol Rovers hit 7 to go above them on goal difference. Stockport were always the favourites at the tail end of last season and it was their title to lose - which they didn’t.

Only thing that matters right now is us putting another long winning streak together, starting with Halifax, Solihull and Torquay. Nothing less than 9 points is good enough, because Wrexham and Chesterfield are both on amazing runs at the moment. Hopefully the recent forced hiatus will have allowed our players to recuperate and be ready to give it their all over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Just having a flick through. All I want to say about everything is that this season is a total anomaly. One of my best buds is a Wrexham fan and he believes it will go down to the wire. I hope it doesn't.

There's every chance that both teams will finish plus 100 points and one of us will go up automatically which seems completely ridiculous, but is likely to happen.

Wrexham are favourites, without a doubt. So I dont think it's a 'missed opportunity ' if we don't go up automatically.

Somebody alluded to the fact that if we end up in the playoffs, we may face a team with 30 points less. Yes, we may, but what we need to do is absolutely crush them and show them why we finished on 100 plus points instead of thinking 'that's not fair'. Southend are my biggest concern. Very 'streetwise' a la Grimsby last season.

Anyway. Let's settle down. Wrexham are clearly favourites and we are going toe to toe with them in one of the best seasons we have all witnessed in a long while.

Lets enjoy it and see what happens. If it's playoffs, it's playoffs...we'll just have to deal with it.

As a great mind once said..

"FEEL THE FORCE LUKE"

Amen.
    This is exactly how I see it. Wrexham have always been firm favourites, even when we were clear at the top. They're a freak team in a freak season. I don't expect us to beat them to the title. If we do, it will be an incredible achievement, whereas for them it's just what's expected. Let's not let them ruin what has been an amazing season so far. Take each game as it comes, remain positive, and see where that takes us.

Whatever happens, we've taken huge steps forward as a club this season. The future looks bright.

If you aren't positive about this season in our current position/situation then I don't think positivity is for you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345