+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham v Gateshead

Wrexham v Gateshead

Anyone else watching it? Gateshead holding their own at the moment.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-01-2023 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Not really 'off-topic'

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Anyone else watching it? Gateshead holding their own at the moment.
    Listening to it on Radio Wales. Gateshead definitely sound like they've been in it so far and Castro getting a lot of mentions.

As for the commentary - give me Charlie and Stall any day - the two on are as dull as dishwater - though Notts getting a lot of mentions too.

Just tuned in and I see what you mean. Is it Rob Brydon alongside the main commentator? Oooooooo exciting Tozzer throw in, they even counted his paces before he chucked it in

Adam Campbell should've scored there
    Gateshead playing well

No point getting excited. Wrexham are normally better in the 2nd halves of games, especially away from home, and as we all know they score more goals in the last 15 minutes of games than any other period.

Decent half from Gateshead who look dangerous on the break
    Wrexham looking to launch the ball in the box to Palmer, not offering much else
    Referee giving Wrexham everything. Gateshead should've had a clear penalty
    Hopefully they come out second half in the same manor

BBC Radio Wrexham are obsessed with us

Watched a few Wrexham games and they really aren’t great at holding territory and possession, they give away plenty of chances/openings for the opposition who at this level just usually don’t have enough quality to punish them, I’ve yet to see them confidently dominate any opponent, tonight no exception so far. Unfortunately for us however credit where it’s due - They have a fantastic knack of finding a goal when they need one usually in the dying minutes and Mullin is very clever at winning fouls/penalties usually when there’s nothing/very little in it.

Adam Campbell ex Notts should really have put Gateshead 1-0 up going through 1on1 but his tame effort was easily saved with their keeper going down low to block. Gateshead also had a fairly decent penalty shout when a deep cross made its way over the head of the last Wrexham defender and the Heed striker looked to have been pulled back to prevent getting on the end of it, wasn’t stone wall in all fairness but it’s one we’ve all seen given plenty of times before. As long as the ref applies the same logic for any soft Wrexham fouls then I don’t mind that kind of strict officiating.

Halftime prediction is that Wrexham will win 2-0 as they tend to come out stronger 2nd half after tiring opponents but make no mistake, Gateshead had a good 1st half and will feel they should be 1-0 at halftime with Wrexham struggling to created anything of note bar a few trademark Tozer long throws.

I really can't see Wrexham dropping points tonight though as they have more jam than Hartleys.

The odds on a Chesterfield or Wrexham win are better than they were at the start, but I’ll only be tempted on 80 minutes or if either go behind.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast