+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Positives from tonight

Positives from tonight

I think the chances we missed when we are so close to doing something most of us haven't witnessed in our lifetimes made me forget about all the good stuff temporarily.

So...

We dominated a team away from home again and made them feed off scraps and look like the away team.

We created enough chances to win handsomely

Another clean sheet (you can't punch the ball into the net, man)

We're a goal up in a Cup semi-final with a home leg to come

Isak looked class again and changed the game.

Maxi looked dangerous again.

Isak and The Saint changed the whole game and looked fantastic both have to start the second leg.

Pope two top class saves

Yet another clean sheet

One foot in the final

Main positive for me was coming away with a 1-0 despite not playing well. So sloppy in possession and so many skied shots......oops they're not positives haha

Maxi playing his part was a positive as he's been stuck on the bench too much

Isak looks electric.......and he looks more like a long distance runner or a Tour de France cyclist to me and we're going to enjoy him for years to come

Pope is in the form of his life

You forgot about Murphy waving their maniac Croatian goodbye ��

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Pope is in the form of his life
    Yes, at least 3 big saves we would have conceded with anyone else in gosl. I knew he was going to save from Che Adams when he broke through. I haven't felt that since Given.

Yes - the big positive was the impact ASM and Isak made - by far the biggest in games so far.
    That run from Maxi, man, and Isak should’ve scored.
    We were becoming second best in the game they come on; we score, they go down to 10 men, game over.

Pope, Maxi and Isak were massive positives.

A clean sheet and a goal away, against a team who who were busy all match.

Apart from a 5 minute period in the second half we never looked in danger of conceding.

No injuries… despite a two footed lunge that should have been a straight Red.

Murphy’s top class sh!thousery… I was worried we wouldn’t have that in the squad after Wood left, but glad someone stepped up to fill his boots 🤣

A home tie left, with home advantage of a goal, SJP and Soton have a game to play at the weekend and we don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post

A home tie left, with home advantage of a goal, SJP and Soton have a game to play at the weekend and we don’t.
    This.

Can you imagine if they lose Ward-Prowse to injury in FA Cup game for example

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)