+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FGR have had enough

[QUOTE=bule1;40201184]
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    He only did what many of our supporters would have done in that he had an opportunity to move up and went for it.

Whilst this is true in many ways, most people on here have not signed a fixed term contract so it is not exactly comparing like for like.
    I know where you are coming from, but on the other hand, when a fixed term contract is signed, it has two parties. How many times have Notts broken it? Can't really remember many commenting when manager after manager was sacked that we should keep them because of a fixed term contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Contrary to most on here I would have been pleased for him if he had done a decent job at FGR. I'm not buying into the whole "we lost the play-off game to Grimesby because he knew he was leaving" rhetoric. he did a decent job for us and was literally just 1 stupid foul away from us having two more play-off games against clubs we had already had some success against during the regular season.

If we had won the play-offs and he still left then people would still be calling him. I'm disappointed it didn't work out for him, a thoroughly decent guy and I hope it's not too long before he's back coaching again.
    Good post. I await though the comments that the stupid foul was irrelevant as we wouldn't have beaten Wrexham, and anyway, Grimsby were the better team and deserved it.

He lasted 4-5 months and just 28 league games.

Do you think he regrets his decision to leave? Maybe he does in hindsight, but he was out the door without too much deliberation at the time.

I'm with those who disliked the way he left, and have been watching out for two sets of Forest losses

He took us through 2 play-off campaigns, I don't think he had to burn his bridges with this club (talking about a big part of the fanbase)...concentrate on the job in hand, close down all speculation, tell suitors he's busy and come back later, wait a reasonable time after our exit....that's all he had to do and nobody would've begrudged him anything.

Silver lining of IB finally be sacked at the end of January 2023 is we won't get as many updates of FGR results on here from interested parties. But I'd be shocked if we still didn't get some#viva

Will be Interesting to see if he takes a Head Coach role next, and whether it's in England. If not, nice assistant position somewhere? And I'm not on about teaching assistant

I don’t give a toss what happens to IB… he can bugger off back to Norway for all I care.

But… I used to think that FGR had some integrity and morals… may be the hippy in me. But this wasn’t the first time that Dale Vince has gone behind other clubs backs to “persuade” players, managers to join them… and then bleat because someone has done the dirty on them. First Cooper… then Burchnall. Both knew they were going… both were rumoured to be done deals before the seasons ended. Burchnall looked positively bored being here well before the playoffs. Cooper I kinder forgave due to his ties with FGR.

I will watch FGRs downfall with glee.
    Last edited by GranthamPie; 25-01-2023 at 06:15 PM.

Burchnall was a minor upgrade on Ardley, but I never had any confidence that he was the man to take us forward.

I do have some confidence that Luke Williams could be the man.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Silver lining of IB finally be sacked at the end of January 2023 is we won't get as many updates of FGR results on here from interested parties. But I'd be shocked if we still didn't get some#viva

Will be Interesting to see if he takes a Head Coach role next, and whether it's in England. If not, nice assistant position somewhere? And I'm not on about teaching assistant
    I dont think there will be many clubs come knocking on his door, if any. The guy is a failure with 3 sackings and a relegation on his CV. Not the most standout qualities when applying for jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Contrary to most on here I would have been pleased for him if he had done a decent job at FGR. I'm not buying into the whole "we lost the play-off game to Grimesby because he knew he was leaving" rhetoric. he did a decent job for us and was literally just 1 stupid foul away from us having two more play-off games against clubs we had already had some success against during the regular season.

If we had won the play-offs and he still left then people would still be calling him. I'm disappointed it didn't work out for him, a thoroughly decent guy and I hope it's not too long before he's back coaching again.
    Snap.

I'm sure multiple sackings and a relegation are common with many a new managerial appointment. It's the way football and trigger happy chairmen are.

FGR in L1 was always going to be a stretch for IB, in fact it looked tough for anyone to keep them up. That is quite the leap for the club. I doubt that one (unsurprising) failure will keep him out of a job, however much you hope and pray Durham

For balance i think it's fair to acknowledge the fans let Burchnall down at times. Some were so upset that Ardley was sacked, it led them to write off Burchnall from day 1. I remember when Solihull were 3rd last season, it's like some of the fanbase were enjoying it. Not only that he was receiving so much stick on Twitter, it led him to delete his account. Fans are angry at somebody for leaving, when in reality he was written off and given no end of stick. When you take that into consideration, and the fact he went up 2 divisions it's not hard to see why he left.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast