+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FGR have had enough

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Good post. I await though the comments that the stupid foul was irrelevant as we wouldn't have beaten Wrexham, and anyway, Grimsby were the better team and deserved it.
    I always have to smile at fans when they say things like we wouldn’t have beaten this or that anyway, how do you know what would have happened? Wrexham can have off days like any one else like they did against Grimsby and if it wasn’t for a silly foul in injury time we would/should have beaten Grimsby whether they were the better side or not.

It appears his replacement is going to be Duncan Ferguson. That's quite the sea change.

Don't know if Doyle went along with IB, he'd fit in well with Ferguson...

I saw that talk and chalk and cheese in almost every respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Don't know if Doyle went along with IB, he'd fit in well with Ferguson...
    IB has gone from this page. Doyle is still there.

https://www.fgr.co.uk/team/fgr-first-team

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I always have to smile at fans when they say things like we wouldn’t have beaten this or that anyway, how do you know what would have happened? Wrexham can have off days like any one else like they did against Grimsby and if it wasn’t for a silly foul in injury time we would/should have beaten Grimsby whether they were the better side or not.
    I always have to smile at fans when they say things like we wouldn’t have beaten this or that anyway, how do you know what would have happened?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    He lasted 4-5 months and just 28 league games.

Do you think he regrets his decision to leave? Maybe he does in hindsight, but he was out the door without too much deliberation at the time.

I'm with those who disliked the way he left, and have been watching out for two sets of Forest losses

He took us through 2 play-off campaigns, I don't think he had to burn his bridges with this club (talking about a big part of the fanbase)...concentrate on the job in hand, close down all speculation, tell suitors he's busy and come back later, wait a reasonable time after our exit....that's all he had to do and nobody would've begrudged him anything.
    This. As a Notts supporter I didn't like the way he left but can understand why he did leave. Personally though he was on a hiding to nothing there and I wouldn't say everyone would have done what he did, if Notts could get close to his new wage and he was happy here then why leave. It's a given anyone would have left but that's not always true if you're in a job you like. I don't think he cost us the playoffs though. The foul and us not deserving to go through on the day did.

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    IB has gone from this page. Doyle is still there.

https://www.fgr.co.uk/team/fgr-first-team
    Hopefully, he will also be gone very soon. I'm sure the new guy will not put up with his coach staff coaching with their hands in their pockets. Unless the sew the pockets up.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    He lasted 4-5 months and just 28 league games.

Do you think he regrets his decision to leave? Maybe he does in hindsight, but he was out the door without too much deliberation at the time.

I'm with those who disliked the way he left, and have been watching out for two sets of Forest losses

He took us through 2 play-off campaigns, I don't think he had to burn his bridges with this club (talking about a big part of the fanbase)...concentrate on the job in hand, close down all speculation, tell suitors he's busy and come back later, wait a reasonable time after our exit....that's all he had to do and nobody would've begrudged him anything.
    Agree 100%. His departure was so classless, which is what grated so much. We’d probably have been better off if he’d just left before the Grimsby game.

Ironically I could see him ending up at somewhere like Solihull if and when Ardley gets the boot.

It's so rare for a Notts manager to choose to leave the club (headhunted in this case) they are so often to told to leave long before their contract has ended.

Didn't grate with me, if he had stayed and we hadn't stated the following season well and it looked like a repeat of a 5/6th place finish then a good proportion would have wanted him to be told to leave.

He probably knew that his day's were numbered, after failing to better the previous season.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast