+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: FGR have had enough

Exactly. So another reason to add to the list when he chose FGR.

I suspect a good number of the fans who were annoyed about how he left, thought it was classless and grated on them are also the ones who would have been pleased if he had been sacked by our savvy owners.

Although if the #radar had still brought in Scott and Langstaff as you would expect I would have predicted a higher play off finish under Burchnall

Might have been higher placed but I can't see that we would be a strong second only just behind Wrexham. There are a lot of games that we have ground out points in this season or won comfortably that would have been suspect under IB. He simply lacked the motivational powers at Notts and I have noticed the exact same criticisms from FG fans. Williams appears to be a significant upgrade. Have to say I was not fussed when he left but I was very under whelmed when we appointed Williams. How wrong I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    It appears his replacement is going to be Duncan Ferguson. That's quite the sea change.

Don't know if Doyle went along with IB, he'd fit in well with Ferguson...
    FGR just announced that Doyle - and Ben Turner - have both left the club as well.

People question why Burchnall left here listen to the FGR owner interview yesterday.

He said we signed 6-7 new players and one of players signed few weeks back has same agent as Ferguson, player/agent told Vince that Ferguson is interested in the job.

We all know it happens but the industry is cut throat more so now than its ever been that is why people tend to run off to "bigger" jobs and show no loyalty.

FGR are not bigger than us as a club I know but fact is they are two leagues above us.

He took the gamble it didnt pay off at FGR but he will get another LG2/NL job if he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    People question why Burchnall left here listen to the FGR owner interview yesterday.

He said we signed 6-7 new players and one of players signed few weeks back has same agent as Ferguson, player/agent told Vince that Ferguson is interested in the job.

We all know it happens but the industry is cut throat more so now than its ever been that is why people tend to run off to "bigger" jobs and show no loyalty.

FGR are not bigger than us as a club I know but fact is they are two leagues above us.

He took the gamble it didnt pay off at FGR but he will get another LG2/NL job if he wants to.
    Theirs absolutely no loyalty either way in football, I’ve no qualms about IB doing what he did. The crazy thing about being a manager it’s got to be one of the few jobs where you can make an absolute pigs ear of it and still get paid off for doing it badly.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Theirs absolutely no loyalty either way in football, I’ve no qualms about IB doing what he did. The crazy thing about being a manager it’s got to be one of the few jobs where you can make an absolute pigs ear of it and still get paid off for doing it badly.
    And then move on to the next club

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    He only did what many of our supporters would have done in that he had an opportunity to move up and went for it.

Disappointed for him to be honest.
    Its a sad world really where anybody can be bought for a better price

As for IB, he is an employee like the rest of us slaves, if a better offer comes in, you take it
    As for feeling disappointed for him, think sometimes when people think they can do better , its the level of arrogance they show , it was his disregard to notts county that made me want him to fail ..he has found out he is not special or better ..
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-01-2023 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

FGR 1-0 up at Shrewsbury until the 4th minute of injury time, now losing 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    FGR 1-0 up at Shrewsbury until the 4th minute of injury time, now losing 2-1

And that 94 th minute leveller was netted by substitute Pyke.
    I'll let someone else supply the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    And that 94 th minute leveller was netted by substitute Pyke.
    I'll let someone else supply the inevitable.
    The trouble with FGR this season is they do like it up them !!!....Durham's got a big job on his hands!!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast