+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 4 4 effin 2

4 4 effin 2

Good to see the alternative set up v Fword. So what's the best 442 opening line up based on what we know so far? I know it's too early blah blah but still worth a bit of chat.

My starter for 10 assuming all are fit:

Stone
    TAR Baldwin Cameron Chicksen
    Nemane Bostock Palmer Jones
    Langstaff McGoldrick

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    Good to see the alternative set up v Fword. So what's the best 442 opening line up based on what we know so far? I know it's too early blah blah but still worth a bit of chat.

Stone
    Langstaff McGoldrick
    I’m sure Saturday was more 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post

Stone
    Langstaff McGoldrick
    I will go with that. My only concern is that against florist, McGoldrick for his height didnt win many headers, and didnt seem able to jump..

Yes but he looked strong on the ball. I am hopeful the partnership with Langstaff will come good and quickly to see us off to a good start.

In other news:

Macca made it on to the cover of the FourFourTwo Season Preview for the 2023-24 season. They've predicted we will finish 3rd apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    In other news:

Macca made it on to the cover of the FourFourTwo Season Preview for the 2023-24 season. They've predicted we will finish 3rd apparently.

While it's all very flattering, I'd rather we went under the radar and surprised people rather than being seen as promotion favourites. I'd gladly leave the expectation of success to the likes of Wrexham and Stockport.

As long as the Radar doesn't go under

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    As long as the Radar doesn't go under
    I like it!

"We like to go under the radar, as long as the radar doesn't go under"

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’m sure Saturday was more 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1.
    Yeah, Luke Williams seems willing to experiment with a back four but I don't think he'll play a formation that involves less than three central midfielders, however he arranges them.

If we don't play 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 I think it will be one of the back four formations you mention or a 4-2-3-1. He would see 4-4-2 as too rigid to support the fluid passing style he likes to employ.