+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4th official signing

Name:  Goodwin.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  17.9 KB

Pleased with this signing and I can't understand why some on here are wanting to pour cold water on it before he's even played a game for us.
    Some of our fans are unbelievable at times.
    Welcome Jordan and I hope you have a very successful career with us.

Same age,but longer deal than dexter Blackstock….

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Pleased with this signing and I can't understand why some on here are wanting to pour cold water on it before he's even played a game for us.
    Some of our fans are unbelievable at times.
    Welcome Jordan and I hope you have a very successful career with us.
    Because they get entrenched in their speculations / theories / beliefs and once those are threatened they are caught in an awkward position. Wanting the club to do well but without individuals doing well, because if they do it would weaken their original argument. And their egos find that unfathomable. Quite the conundrum.

Oh and some are never happy, because we should be signing perfect footballers, in their prime, on a free, for £50 a week.

Miserable sods.

They have doubt which people do, a striker that hasn’t been scoring many is going to be a concern, glad they didn’t abuse him

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    According to BBC sport transfer web site he’s free.?
    Wonder if they tore his contract up, I’m sure it didn’t run out until summer this year or the bbc got it wrong which won’t be surprising

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Because they get entrenched in their speculations / theories / beliefs and once those are threatened they are caught in an awkward position. Wanting the club to do well but without individuals doing well, because if they do it would weaken their original argument. And their egos find that unfathomable. Quite the conundrum.

Oh and some are never happy, because we should be signing perfect footballers, in their prime, on a free, for £50 a week.

Miserable sods.
    As much as that?

Cost 10 million at one point

So must have something about him.

We aren't going to get a guaranteed striker for the level

Most his clubs have been premiership championship clubs so obviously can play.

My norm is to judge a player after 6 or 7 games. It's usually quite obv after that amount of games if they are going to suit Rufc..
    doesn't mean they are a poor player it's just my opinion.
    though I'm a bit concerned over this signing.
    3 1/2 years for a player at 30yo is dead money. 1 injury. 1 change of manager. A dip in form. A player with blackstock itus and it sets us back a few years... I would have preferred a 2 year deal with option of extension but there's a good chance he wouldn't have come and it's probably the whole package that made us attractive

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    My norm is to judge a player after 6 or 7 games. It's usually quite obv after that amount of games if they are going to suit Rufc..
    doesn't mean they are a poor player it's just my opinion.
    though I'm a bit concerned over this signing.
    3 1/2 years for a player at 30yo is dead money. 1 injury. 1 change of manager. A dip in form. A player with blackstock itus and it sets us back a few years... I would have preferred a 2 year deal with option of extension but there's a good chance he wouldn't have come and it's probably the whole package that made us attractive
    Last chance saloon ala Eaves. Let's hope it all works out well for both Hugill and the club. Let's not knock the lad before he's kicked a ball and played a few games like you say.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast