+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 4th official signing

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Last chance saloon ala Eaves. Let's hope it all works out well for both Hugill and the club. Let's not knock the lad before he's kicked a ball and played a few games like you say.
    My post says nothing about his ability brin.
    Steping back. It could be a brilliant deal for Rufc. Or it could be another blackstock and Evan Eaves.
    7k over 3 years for eaves doesn't fill you with the confidence in the boards ability to make a good deal 100 %. I don't know of many teams that offer over 30s a 3 1/2 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    My norm is to judge a player after 6 or 7 games. It's usually quite obv after that amount of games if they are going to suit Rufc..
    doesn't mean they are a poor player it's just my opinion.
    though I'm a bit concerned over this signing.
    3 1/2 years for a player at 30yo is dead money. 1 injury. 1 change of manager. A dip in form. A player with blackstock itus and it sets us back a few years... I would have preferred a 2 year deal with option of extension but there's a good chance he wouldn't have come and it's probably the whole package that made us attractive
    injury is a risk with any player, but at least if they are older they are more likely to retire, and as such we could claim on insurance.

Last chance saloon ala Eaves. Let's hope it all works out well for both Hugill and the club. Let's not knock the lad before he's kicked a ball and played a few games like you say.
    As football fans, our knockers put Dolly's in the shade

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    As football fans, our knockers put Dolly's in the shade
    A set of 46 double D fans

Some already have and one with a magic eye didn't want him anyway ☹️.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Some already have and one with a magic eye didn't want him anyway ☹️.
    what he based it on I don’t know….probably his usual flip of coin judgement..

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Business profile picture
    Rotherham United

@OfficialRUFC
    ·
    7m
    ✍️ | Jordan joins as fourth January signing

Rotherham United are delighted to confirm the permanent signing of forward Jordan Hugill, subject to ratification from the FA and EFL!
    Name:  25D3AB88-8357-4F9D-A230-FA368CA2B29D.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  17.5 KB

Watched a video online, and he looks good,decent finisher,strong and looks to have a bit of fight in him.
    Good luck Jordan although you will never be tall enough or young enough for some !

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Watched a video online, and he looks good,decent finisher,strong and looks to have a bit of fight in him.
    Good luck Jordan although you will never be tall enough or young enough for some !
    Yes I watched that video and agree he looks good in the air, strong and willing, but most of his goals were from crosses, didn’t see him create anything by himself, so not a creator on that evidence and will need feeding to get the best out of him and as somebody else said a bit like a smaller version of Michael Smith ?

..given the thread title, I thought we'd be signing up VAR next....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast