+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Morecambe

Win our game in hand and we are 3rd and 5 points off Plymouth. That game down there is looking huge right now.

It's on. It's possible. It's nowhere near guaranteed. What it is, is very extraordinary when you look at 5 man squad in the first week of July. Whatever happens, this is a season that keeps on giving.

Morecambe came for a 0-0 and hope to maybe nick one on the break. Their tactics worked for 44 minutes. 45th minute goal was deserved and a well taken free kick by us allied to poor defence by them. 2nd half. On 47 minutes it's 2-0. 3 minutes later it's 3-0 via a penalty. Didzy hattrick. From no hattrick's in his entire career to 3 in 89 days. That makes him the first Ram to score 3 hattricks in a season since Zak in 73/74. A 2nd penalty well put away by Collo made it 4 and a very well worked goal from Knighty made it 5. Could have been 10.

Another clean sheet too. Great performance. It's not often we put a weak side to the sword but we did it yesterday. Onwards and upwards.

Yeah not guaranteed and probably more likely to be play offs, but to even be talking about it is amazing. Play offs do look likely provided we dont have a run of form like we did in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Win our game in hand and we are 3rd and 5 points off Plymouth. That game down there is looking huge right now.
    Seemed unlikely just a few matches ago and there will be wobbles. Hopefully they’re as likely to come from Plymouth, who’ve had things largely there own way since September, as us. The match at Home Park is looking massive but, as MA says, just to be talking like this, considering where we were just seven months ago, is a huge achievement. Fortune and fitness will be crucial in the coming months.

7 league wins in a row, 16 unbeaten in league, maybe your 96 points are on rA !!!

Amongst a lot of good goals that Collins pen was my favourite, it would have been easier to have placed it but I’m glad he gave it some serious wellie

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    7 league wins in a row, 16 unbeaten in league, maybe your 96 points are on rA !!!
    Be nice wouldn’t it? I think I corrected it to 86 and that’s certainly within reach.
    Seem to remember the pre/early season consensus was that we’d finish in around 8-10th place. It’d take a significant collapse for that to happen.

I was confident about this game, but Derby exceeded even my expectations. Good to see the GD improving.

I still refuse to look further than the play offs, but Warne has done wonders, especially when you think he didn't assemble this team! Credit to Rosenior for the work him and his team did.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)